Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Triple_A Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:29 am
Hi Guys!

I import files from Recycle, map and convert in MPCPGMAKER. Import into 3K via floppy (I know, "old school"), my chops are all mapped chromatically, and trigger correctly in the 3K.

The problem I'm having is, I import the MIDI file recycle creates, and when I play it in the 3k, the sounds are like really low pitched, and the sequence is playing like its too slow!

Totally wrong.

I have searched the forum, and have seen a couple of other posts from years ago from guys with the same issue, but never a solution.

If someone knows if there is some kinda fix for this, I'd really appreciate it! I have spent literally a whole day trying to get this too work with no luck!

Cheers
By Dustyfinga1.0 Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:46 pm
My man. I use RECYCLE too, but my work around is to just sample each chop individually DIRECTLY into my 3000. Easiest, fastest way I've come up with instead of dealing with converting etc. etc. I use a S1100 as the main sampler connected to RECYCLE via MIDI, then either use it as a sound module, or sample back into the 3000. It's kind of a pain, but it works for me.
By Triple_A Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:53 pm
Thanks for posting that. I have ended up using time slice in my Triton Studio, and running the chops straight into the Triton sequencer. Very quick, and works great!

I just dont get why Recycle Midi files wont play right on my MP. Real pain in the *ss.

I guess thats why we are hardware guys, coz software always seems to do everything except what its supposed to do, and what you need it to do.

You pay top dollar for software, it has no resale value, they "update" it and take away features that made it actually worth something. Recycle WAS good back in the day when you could intergrate it with the ASR-10, then they kindly took that feature away and made it pretty much worthless for me.