Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By LoopTheCrook Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:08 am
shiznay wrote:I'm working on the mk1.. ;)

Please. Let us know :worthy:
Is it possible to get it in colors like those on mk2 and 3k? I like white on blue :D
By shiznay Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:15 pm
As yet, I'm only able to do the mk2/3k in white on blue.
Its the displays for the mk1/asq that I may be able to do in colour. It will involve me transplanting parts from other LCD modules though, so at first I'm aiming at getting working white on blue displays for these.
By shiznay Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:09 am
I can confim that there is more than just a form factor difference between the LCDs of the MPC60/ASQ10 and the MPC60II/3K.
I found this out today the hard way, the pinouts are also different. This is easy to overcome it's just a couple of pins are swapped around.
However, I've now blown something on the ASQ sync board, probably the LCD controller as the machine works but nothing displays on the screen, but if I wire its LCD correctly to the MPC60II, the lcd still works..

Time to get the soldering iron hot...
By Horseclick Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 am
when you have a guide on installation and some detailed pics on installing it in a 3k with no soldering and appropriate wires, ie a drop in replacement let me know and i'll pick up a display.

any options in colour , ie white on black, the blue not really something im keen on.
By shiznay Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 pm
The trouble in getting them in different colors is the cost. There is a minimum purchase qty, so I am not prepared to take the risk of then sitting on a load of green on black lcd modules (my favourite, btw)
It's possible I can do the mk1 displays in diff colors, but not the mk2, as they are very non-standard size. the 3k is a drop in replacement already. you use the existing cable.
thanks
B
By Horseclick Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:40 pm
shiznay wrote:The trouble in getting them in different colors is the cost. There is a minimum purchase qty, so I am not prepared to take the risk of then sitting on a load of green on black lcd modules (my favourite, btw)
It's possible I can do the mk1 displays in diff colors, but not the mk2, as they are very non-standard size. the 3k is a drop in replacement already. you use the existing cable.
thanks
B

then you set up a preorder or group buy or go to kickstarter and get the funds to fund it.

use the blue screen to show backers look this si a working unit, and give backers a choice of colours.

i want a jet black display with white writing.

once you set up a kickstarter project let us know if you deem the risk too high to go at it alone or the MOQ is out of your reach for different colours.

Peace
By dshook Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:02 am
Yep, its dead. I bought in on eBay right away but Brad (shiznay) apparently had some issues with the factory and decided to drop the project and refund everyone's money a couple weeks back. Too bad, I was pretty excited for this. Hopefully someone else comes and picks up where he left off, and hopefully he will be willing to share whatever information he has when the time comes.