Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By mr_debauch Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:00 am
and outside of the UK... the 4000s must be pretty expensive.. no? I rarely see forum members in europe but outside of the UK with those.

Also, to add to it.. I think the days of $80 s900s are over as well... haven't seen people successful at raking in multiple hundreds though yet.
By richie Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:08 am
I am in the opinion that if you are going to try and sell something for a ridiculous price, it better be in pristine condition. Not none of this sh*t I've seen such as idiots asking $1200 for an MPC 60 with a f*cked up screen and running rom 2.12. There's a guy right now on eBay asking $900 for his S950 and $500 for his S1000.

@mr_debauch asking prices for 4000's unfortunately range from 900 to 1200 here. I once saw one for $1500 and the thing is, the units didn't have effects cards or some lacked multi outs. I think these guys are trying to quote prices they paid for the units back in the early 2000's.

@jibber seems like your location is to your advantage because I always see you getting some sort of interesting hardware. 450 Euro for an S950 seems what the max fair price one should pay for it, so good on you for that deal man.
By JAYCEE3K Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:21 am
Gonna put this out for record
Just last year, I paid total of $600 plus shipping over the course of 3.5 months (layaway )for my MPC3000 with manual and Iomega Zip Drive. Borderline perfect mint condition. No yellow buttons, no dents, no smokey flavor. Stock RAM, stock OS. Only thing i had to do was open it and re-seat the RAM which seemed to have come loose somehow. I think i lucked out. I still feel good when thinking about the fact that I didn't get anxious and make purchase on one of the few other listings i was considering at the time ranging from $800-$1100 but were in worn, mediocre condition at best, because i was about to. But at the last second i just so happen to stumble across one that looked the best and ironically cost the least. i was so glad i found it when i bought it.
By jibber Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 am
mr_debauch wrote:and outside of the UK... the 4000s must be pretty expensive.. no? I rarely see forum members in europe but outside of the UK with those.

Also, to add to it.. I think the days of $80 s900s are over as well... haven't seen people successful at raking in multiple hundreds though yet.

MPC4000 is apparently not very high on peoples radar here. Last one i saw sold for 800 swiss francs (bought by a forum member).