Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By dean_bam Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:17 am
Hey all,

I've just found a store near me that has an external SCSI HD for sale, going very cheap. I have absolutely no idea if it will work with my 60 or not. My 60 has the SCSI board, I know that much. There's a link to the HD below, with all the specs there. I know I would never get anywhere near the 300GB capacity, but it's cheap enough that if I knew it would be compatible I would grab it.

It does seem to take a different connector than the SCSI port on the 60, but I presume you can just buy SCSI cables with different heads at each end, right?

Here's the link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... aQodKd0PDQ

I've searched the forums but since I know nothing about HDs anything I've read I basically couldn't understand.

Any help would be appreciated!
By richie Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:00 am
That drive will not work with older samplers. Even with the correct adapters, no sampler is going to see that drive.

You'll have to do research and find a hard ware that is capable of running in SCSI-1 mode in order for it to be compatible. Also, that price on newegg is insanity. It would be much smarter if you went on eBay, bought the sd 2 scsi for 50 quid.
By dean_bam Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:12 pm
richie wrote:That drive will not work with older samplers. Even with the correct adapters, no sampler is going to see that drive.

You'll have to do research and find a hard ware that is capable of running in SCSI-1 mode in order for it to be compatible. Also, that price on newegg is insanity. It would be much smarter if you went on eBay, bought the sd 2 scsi for 50 quid.

Thanks! I had no idea if it would work or not. And woah, I never looked at the price on newegg - the guy was offering a brand new one to me for $40! Would have been a bargain!

Cool, I will start looking on ebay. Re the SD 2 SCSI for 50 quid: I would happily buy this, but like I said I have no idea what that is or how to find it!
By richie Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:39 am
No worries.

The ssd 2 scsi is a device that'll let you use micro sd cards on scsi capable devices. Google is your friend as well. :)