Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By infinit Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:30 am
Does anyone know if buttons from other mpc's (besides the 60) will fit the 3000? I painted my buttons a while back with black plastidip and they didn't hold up too well.

I know mpc stuff sales black button replacement kits for every mpc but the 3000, maybe some other buttons might work? I really don't want to paint the buttons again.
By Dustyfinga1.0 Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:39 am
No known alternative buttons for the 3000. You need to either find someone who can 3D print you some or find them second hand. I have a complete set, but I won't part with them for less than $250 USD :mrgreen:
No offense, but I just don't get why people feel the need to attempt to paint buttons and customize MPC3000's!!?? Sure, if you have the ability to do a custom job like ghostinmpc, or a couple other guys in the world that's one thing, but I have yet to see one that looks decent done by a novice. IMO they are perfect just the way they are...after all it's a musical instrument not a goddamn 64' Impala. End of rant.
By Dustyfinga1.0 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 pm
Oh yeah. I remember that one.
You did do a pro-style, TASTEFUL job.
Too bad MPCstuff doesn't have the black button set. They would be ideal in your situation.
I wonder if they ever consider doing some?
I'll go out on a limb and say if they did, I'm sure they would be pretty pricey.
By richie Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:56 pm
@dustyfinga injection molding is expensive, that's part of the initial cost. 3d printing would work although I'm curious how 3d printed mpc buttons would fare against the norma ones in relation to breakage.
By Dustyfinga1.0 Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:10 am
@richie, from what I gather injection molding is ideal, but the costs involved with with it are astronomical. At the end of the day you really want them injection molded, but for such a speciality item with virtually no demand I doubt anyone would want to spend that kind of cheese to do it, hence the 3D printing suggestion since some of the consumer grade 3D printers are starting to get pretty decent.
Just curious if anyone on the forums are current industrial design students with access to the proper equipment?
By richie Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:39 am
@dustyfinga I totally agree with you man. I would think some spot like China would do it but they wouldn't want to f*ck with you unless you're doing crazy volume.
By JUKE 179r Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:57 pm
3000 buttons are hard to find especially the red Record & Overdub buttons which I am looking for.
I modded a black button from MPC-Stuff and super glued the Overdub button onto it. I got to cut down the 2 front legs to make up for the additional height of the top button.

By Téhu Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm
For custom MPC3000 or MPC60 button/knobs, 3D print could be a good option.
I can do that job if anybody want some custom switch. I also already did a MPC60 Jogwheel knob for a friend of mine, if anybody is searching for one!
By Téhu Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:12 pm
This is one of the first prototype i've made, pretty rough but it was in ''normal'' quality, I could have better finish.

And i made tact switch plastic cover for the MPC2500, but this could be applied to the MPC60/3000 with the right design.Image
By phoking Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:02 pm
I'm curious to see your Jog wheel (dead links?).

I'm thinking about designing some buttons and random things for the mpc.

Thanks.