Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By happyjourney Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:39 am
I'm pretty much a part time dabbler who doesn't have any way to store samples at the moment. I have looked at the various links in the search that relate to installing a card reader in various setups and I have seen various online stores and ebay sellers with setups that they say work for similar mpc's but not specifically the 3000. I'm wondering if someone can guide me to links where I can buy the specific components, cords, cards drives etc so I can do this. I'm not lazy but I do have limited time at the moment to research more on all the links i have and email all the sellers and trust that they know what the hell there talking about and aren't just trying to sell me something. Short and sweet I trust you guys knowledge base on what works and where to get it firstly. I wanted to go with something hotswappable hopefully and in a medium of cards that aren't rare.
By happyjourney Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 am
It says "There are compatibility problems with the Akai MPC3000. It works (slowly) with the alternate Vailixi OS with multi-sector transfers disabled." What are multi sector transfers? Do you guys know of anybody who has used this? What type of cards can i use with this? I'm confused. In one section it says "Artificial limits on the SCSI disk size (eg. limit size to 4G to avoid OS bugs)" then another section says "SD Card Interface | Standard SDSC (1GB maximum size) SDHC, SDXC". I need sleep right now. I'll try to research all this tomorrow when the snowstorm is hitting.
By Horseclick Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 am
the multi sector transfers options is in the scsi options,

i use it and it works well with valixy.

the artificial limits are for example you got a 8 gig sd card, you can limit what the sampler see's for example only 100 per scsi address, that means i can have 4 devices using a artificial limit of 100mb.

for example the asrx crashes when using anything more then a 4gb size, so use the artificial limit to stop that.

it really is top notch.

and the slow comment is BS, its faster then zip and acard scsi cf, i need to write to michael to tell him to change that.
By Horseclick Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:17 pm
size is of no importance, just get a good card , and not bogus, if from amazon make sure its sold by amazon and not a third party fulfilled by amazon, as i have had fake items sent to me before, anything sold by amazon is legit.
By BoyOfVirtue Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 pm
Horseclick wrote:size is of no importance, just get a good card , and not bogus, if from amazon make sure its sold by amazon and not a third party fulfilled by amazon, as i have had fake items sent to me before, anything sold by amazon is legit.

Have you had success with all kinds of CF cards? I always heard that the system wouldn't recognize anything larger than 1gb and that only a few brands were sure to work
By Horseclick Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 pm
scsi2sd does not use outdfated cf cards thats why i am recommending them.

it uses micro sd and sd cards with a microsd to sd cable extender.

dont get it confused with the old acard or multicard readers of yesteryear, scsi2sd is all new and is still a work in progress it continues to get updated firmware.
By NMAP Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 pm
Dj Khayos wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/301848280628

Bought my CF reader from him a couple of years ago, fast delivery and good quality.

vout wrote:Just get a scsi2sd -

https://www.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html

It's cheap and it works with Vailixi. It's faster than the Artmix too.

Do either of these work with 3.11 ? Everything references Vailixi but nothing seems to be clear on the vanilla akai os's.

thanks