Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Horseclick Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:20 pm
dshook wrote:
Horseclick wrote:flub is this yours?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262280086166

Looks like someone else (color / fits in the OG enclosure) but I picked one up - been waiting a long time for someone to finally come through with these for sale. Will post some photos when I get it in.

hey,

would it be possible to let us know how it arrives and if its plug and play and if the backlight can be pushed in/out liek the og display and if the contrast is working ......

no details in the actual auction itself, as you have ordered one if you can answer the above i will appreciate it,

thanks
By Flub Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:28 am
Hi,
no this is not the one i did, mine is bigger and thats why it is not to easy to offer it because you either have to carefully release the display glass or use a 3D printed Front part for the display.
Perhaps i can post a DIY Tutorial how it works.

best regards ,
Flub
By 2manysamplers Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:39 pm
I installed this display to my MPC 3000 last night and I must say it´s really good.
Bright, sharp and fast, and I can forget my troubles with the blown inverter inside my MPC 3000.
Got it from UK to Finland no problem
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-MPC3000-and-MPC60mkII-LED-SCREEN-LCD-NEW-/262299109337?

if you guys want, I can post some pictures tomorrow. Let me know...
By Horseclick Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:43 pm
pics please, also , how long did it take to install?
i wrote to the seller about other colours but for now there is no others , i am willing to wait for other colours, i doubt the stock will diminish any time soon.
By 2manysamplers Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:57 pm
If you ever changed the backlight (video on youtube for that) it´s not too difficult. A screwdriver and careful plugging of wires does the trick. Just try to set the display straight when you tighten it with the screws...

I got installation instructions with images from the seller and he helped with my questions.
Below are some images i took with my phone.
I had trouble capturing the brightness and sharpness. The screen is actually even better than in the pictures.
My friend commented it to be even better than the screen in the 5000.Image
Last edited by 2manysamplers on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By richie Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:08 am
Someone should take pictures of the back of the LCD to verify if this is the same display that has the gpios rewired like the dude from Cirklon was doing for people before.
By 2manysamplers Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:25 pm
@horseclick: seller wrote to me:"Power For backlight is set internally in the screen,
No any delay or lags ( it is works even faster because drivers with New technology ),
Actualy it is a very close copy of orginal screen with LED backlight"

@APH: yes it is just plug and play basically, no soldering required.
By richie Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:03 am
@Dustyfinga maybe you can pm marunio and try to cut a deal with him outside of eBay. Those fees alone are probably costing him 25-30 quid.