Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By APH Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:46 am
@2manysamplers Nice one. Not to bothered about soldering, but not up for modifying the screens housing or anything like that. What about the VGA card? I've got that installed too, will it work?
By 2manysamplers Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:07 am
I received installation instructions for 3000´s with the VGA out too.
APH wrote:@2manysamplers Nice one. Not to bothered about soldering, but not up for modifying the screens housing or anything like that. What about the VGA card? I've got that installed too, will it work?
By vout Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:48 am
Hi,

Can someone who has one of these displays confirm if these are modified standard lcds (like the sequentix ones) or are they new custom manufactured for the MPC.

Cheers, vout
By richie Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:08 am
vout wrote:Hi,

Can someone who has one of these displays confirm if these are modified standard lcds (like the sequentix ones) or are they new custom manufactured for the MPC.

Cheers, vout

They're the same ones as the Sequentix displays. The newhaven ones.
By richie Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:58 am
Marunio wrote:Hello MPC HEADS :worthy:
They are NEW CUSTOM manufactured For MPC 3000 MPC60mkII and S-series Akai samplers.
Peace and Love
M

If they're custom then show the back of the board, thanks.
By dshook Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:11 am
The sequentix displays were for the 60mk1 which is a standard size, so they were modified from those (bypassing the controller chip). The 60II and 3000 use a non-standard size display which is why it has taken so long for someone to come out with an LED replacement - they needed to be custom made, which is expensive and requires minimum quantities.

By Horseclick Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:26 am
Marunio wrote:Hello MPC HEADS :worthy:
They are NEW CUSTOM manufactured For MPC 3000 MPC60mkII and S-series Akai samplers.
Peace and Love
M

when you get some oleds dones, black background and white text, let us know.
By richie Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:25 pm
There's a reason why he hid part of what is shown on the back of the display. He sent me 2 pictures, one in which had it partially revealed and then followed up with the same picture dshook posted, saying that picture was "better". When I asked him what was being hidden underneath, he bs'd around saying they were his kids birthdays, and then changed it up and said they're lottery numbers.

I don't blame him for wanting to keep it under wraps as he knows he has a limited time to cash in before someone figures out the real source of these "designs"
By dshook Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:22 am
Finally got around to putting my screen in my 3000 and it's killer - super bright and easy to read from any angle in any light. I have an 'ocean blue' LED display in my s900 and this display matches that one exactly, as far as color and brightness, if that helps you - it's great. No funny business with the install - it fits in identically to the stock screen. Contrast knob still works but since the backlight is built in (no separate wires) there's no push-button on/off, its on as long as the machine is on (can't think of why this would be a problem for anybody). Not sure why that one small area was covered up on the photo and I don't want to violate anyone's privacy, but I can confirm that in that spot on the back of my screen is just written a date (YYYY-MM-DD) in 2015 - I don't think it's a secret code that proves these are off-the-shelf items being sold at a huge markup. :Sigh: I spoke with Colin from sequentix about a possible 3000 display last year and he confirmed that they are not a standard size and that it would be way more involved (manufacture rather than modification) for him to be able to supply them (he said 'not gonna happen'). If you think these are too expensive or part of a sinister plot then don't buy one but don't come around with no real information making accusations you can't back up towards somebody that by all accounts is stepping up and working on improving these old machines for those of us who care. Rant over. Bottom line - if you dig your 3000 and use it all the time pick one of these up if you can spare the cash - it's exactly what you would hope it would be.
Last edited by dshook on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By richie Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 am
@dshook cool story bro, cool story. I enjoyed your rant as well. I edited my original response because you're not worth it.

Enjoy your display, and again man - cool story and rant. Go get em Tiger!
By paras Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:02 am
With due all respect and I understand why people are cynical, this is an upgrade I can fully recommend. I was one of the first who bought the display and I wasn't even sure what I was getting because the communication with the seller wasn't the best, but I understood that it wasn't what Colin from Sequentix did.

What I received was a brand new LCD display manufactured in 2015. There was a good quality flat cable already soldered so the installation was pretty much like installing a new backlight. But instead you didn't have to install the backlight cable and in theory you could get rid of the inverter alltogether.

If I previously had problems reading the display of my MPC 3000 LE even from short distance, now I can see the text from the most utmost corner of the room. The cost of the upgrade is steep, but I can fully support the guy that finally made this possible. I recommend you to support this kind of entrepreneurship because this guy totally deserves it.
By konc3pt Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:55 pm
I could be wrong but I highly doubt these LCD's are custom made to order, even though it improves brightness/visibility you at the price point you could have like 7 old style backlights which should last about 20 years combined or so

still, if this upgrade is worth to somebody then by any means :wink:
By wiz1der Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:14 pm
dont know what the price was on those first ebay listings, but my dude kanamitmpc has them on ebay now for 165.00 free ship.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-MPC-3000-Official-Replacement-LED-Display-/322074111804?hash=item4afd1cef3c:g:Fy4AAOSwiYFXDxBI

If you dm him on instagram and go outside of ebay, 155 all in shipping included.