Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Horseclick Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:52 pm

need help here,

i got a artmix internal scsi adapter to use with my scsi2sd, but its causing noise in the headphones, what gives?

help.

the 2nd beep is when i activate the backlight then switch it off.
By Horseclick Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 pm
this worked for me

it reduces the noise greatly but i can still hear it

necio wrote:MPC3000 LE:

My Problem:
-Installed the CF card reader from art mix - High pitched noise in the headphone jack
-Unplugged the headphones from the Phones Out - the Overdub/Rec starts by himself
-Turn on the screen backlight - Ground noise in the headphone jack

Fix:

-A Jumper from the black wire next to the red on the 4 wire power plug (CF card reader) to chassis ground.

--THANKS TO MPCFORUM, ALL AND ARTMIX--
-------IM BACK IN BUSINESS-------

image hosting over 10mb
By Dustyfinga1.0 Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:21 am
How well did you seat the wire in the molex connector? And did you use solid or stranded wire for the jumper to chasis ground?
I ask because I used a piece of 18AWG stranded XHHW wire and made sure all points of contact were clean and tidy and now I have NO hum what's so ever.

I think this post is 3000 bible worthy?
By Horseclick Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:54 pm
Dustyfinga1.0 wrote:How well did you seat the wire in the molex connector? And did you use solid or stranded wire for the jumper to chasis ground?
I ask because I used a piece of 18AWG stranded XHHW wire and made sure all points of contact were clean and tidy and now I have NO hum what's so ever.

I think this post is 3000 bible worthy?

i soldered the wire directly from above into the connector, i tried various points on the chassis, but like i said i can still hear the noise but very faintly about 20/30db reduction in noise as to what it was before, its usable dont get me wrong but i can hear it.
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:22 pm
I think these hum problems are due to a bad ground on the Artmix CF card reader. A lot of people are having this same problem of the noise with other MPC's, ASR's and other SCSI based vintage samplers.
Honestly, I'm sticking with the SCSI2SD card. :nod:
By sorinp Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:46 am
I experienced the exact same issue and it was solved by grounding the internal compact flash card reader (RaizinMonster) to the chassis. My technician did it so I can't provide specifics but it solved that annoying noise... Also it's important to point out that that noise is not present in the audio path (i.e. not in sample) only in the headphones.