Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By bioelectric Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:40 pm
Hi everyone.
I'm new here. Just installed the gotek emulator in my mpc 60 mkii.
I've tried 3 different usb sticks after formatting them according to the instructions and neither are working in the emulator. I'm getting errors saying the drive is damaged...
I've read through the thread posted here on the how to's with this emulator but nothing is happening as it should. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :)
By Ormic Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:08 pm
Not much going on in this thread (unfortunate for the OP) but instead of opening a new one, I'll try it here too.

I bought a Gotek SFRM72-FU-DL, the one that is generally recommended to use in an MPC60.
My MPC60 is a MK1, running Vimana 3.15b5.

Jumper settings are as they were ( JA & S0 ), I flipped them around a little but it didn't change anything.

Problems:
- Unlike the videos one can check out on Vimeo and Youtube the LED on my Gotek is lit up constantly... which is usually a sign of bad voltage control?
- The buttons on the Gotek are not super responsive but I do get to the "d0" or "d2" modes... on "d0" the USB is blinking for a little bit like it's loading.
- In the disk menu I never get to load from or save to the internal storage of the Gotek though. When I'm trying to format it tells me it's write protected (which is normal I guess).

So the only visible error or difference is the constantly lit up LED on the Gotek... any idea what might cause this problem? I did check the connections and cables numerous times but they all seem fine to me.

Thanks for any tips!
By bigKB123 Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:14 am
Flip the connector cable upside down on the back of the emulator. That should stop the constant green light