Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By nu-comer Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:41 pm
What's up everybody?

Finally got some time to sit and make beats. I bought S3000 and I'm currently learning how it all works etc. Got it hooked to my MPC3000.

But there is some kind of a bug, error or whatever we can call it:

When I sample in s3000 and during the sampling I'll hit "ABORT" it somehow cuts the midi connection between itself and MPC. What the hell? :WTF:

The only way to bring back the connection is to restart the s3000 sampler, but it doesn't make sense to turn off and on the damn maschine whenever I decide that I'd like to quit sampling.

Has anyone encountered such a crazy behaviour of the gear? I'd be very glad for help, it drives me wild... :?
By nu-comer Sun May 01, 2016 10:54 am
Ok, I've found a way to bring back the connection. This is how it works for anyone who could encounter similar problem:

When I press "ABORT" during sampling, s3000 somehow "freezes" the MIDI connection - it does not respond to messages sent by external sequencer.

To "unfreeze" it you just need to "ARM" the recording again and press "GO" on the s3000 function button (as it doesn't react on pushing pads on the MPC). After the sound got sampled, the MIDI connection works again without a problem.

Anyway, it's kind of strange and I'm still not sure is it the way it works or is it a bug which can be fixed.

Cheers.