Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By dhwand71 Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:10 pm
Hello all !

I am having an issue where my MPC 3000 has a constant ringing noise when I plug in my headphones into the headphone jack. Also if I pull the headphone jack out a little and insert it back in, it triggers the play to start on the transport. Has anyone else experienced this with there MPC 3000 ?
By Tarelizer Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:36 pm
Hey,

i have had that issue. it appeared when i installed a CF Card Reader from ARTMIX.

Jazzcat solved it. He told me it is easy to fix.

I didn`t opened my MPC, to take a look what he did, since it arrived back from him.

Do some forum search here. If i`m right it has something to do with the grounding of the MPCs (caps, ground connections, etc.).
By dhwand71 Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 pm
Wal Martian wrote:I haven't had that exact problem but it sounds like something inside is shorting out. Have you ever opened the MPC up?

Yes I have. I have figured out the problem it was a bad foot switch and sympte code card. I had to disconnect it from the board. Everything is working normally now. I don't have any need for that card anyway so it is fine being disconnected in the machine.
By dhwand71 Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:24 pm
Tarelizer wrote:Hey,

i have had that issue. it appeared when i installed a CF Card Reader from ARTMIX.

Jazzcat solved it. He told me it is easy to fix.

I didn`t opened my MPC, to take a look what he did, since it arrived back from him.

Do some forum search here. If i`m right it has something to do with the grounding of the MPCs (caps, ground connections, etc.).

I have figured out the problem it was a bad foot switch and sympte code card. I had to disconnect it from the board. Everything is working normally now. I don't have any need for that card anyway so it is fine being disconnected in the machine.