Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By chaseaston Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 am
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd start a thread to generate more information about the RS-16X editing software and it's compatibility (or lack thereof) with the MPC60. So, I have two questions;

1) Can you convert popular audio files (.wav and .aiff) into .snd files with this program that will be readable on the MPC60?
2) Are you able to create .pgm files in this program that will be compatible for the MPC60?

The major issue for a lot of people would be getting it from the Mac to the MPC60. Fortunately for those like me, this will be easy if the user has a Gotek USB Floppy Emulator installed in the MPC60!
By Lampdog Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:37 pm
The main "gear" asked about is software. Doesn't need to be in 3k/60.
By chaseaston Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:44 pm
Lampdog wrote:The main "gear" asked about is software. Doesn't need to be in 3k/60.

I'm not sure if I completely understand the above comment, but I assume that you are talking about the necessity for the compatibility with the MPC OS...

Well, I use OS v3.10, but I think it would be useful (for other forum users) to mention compatibility with previous OS versions on the MPC60 as well. If anyone's had experience with this, let us know the results!
By Tarelizer Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:53 pm
A MPC3000 OS V3.10 in a MPC60 should work like MPC3000 OS.

RX-16 supports the MPC3000 SND Files. SND Files are working on OS 3.10, Vailixi, etc.