Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By kraftywerk Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:47 pm
Warning: I posted about this before with no helpful reply, so one more try with more detail. I have no idea how this happened but a bunch of my MPC3K's jacks are cracked. The plastic barrels that extend out of the back of the case on a few ins and outs are cracked off and just floating between the DAC/output board and the metal case (because of the shape, the metal case actually holds them in and they haven't fallen out).

Anyway, I've searched and Googled...does the MPC3K use special jacks of any kind? I have loads of gear I can harvest balanced and unbalanced jacks from, like defunct MOTU interfaces, but I suspect you can't just swap stuff out. Anyone have part numbers to Mouser/Digikey or the like? Or are they proprietary jacks? I also have a S3000XL I could harvest from but feel a bit bad about wrecking the sampler for what is essentially cosmetic.

After repairing the display and pads and other maintenance, I admit I'm getting close to just supergluing the broken plastic barrels back onto the jacks! I'm hoping someone like MPC3000 logs in and sees this. Thanks.