Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By WhiteMike Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:19 pm
Hola, first time on this forum in a while. Used to post up as Deta!L.

Anyway, I've successfully (I think) 3D modeled the MPC3000 buttons and have sent off to see how much it would cost to get an injection molding company to produce these. In the mean time I had a 3D printing company create some to ensure they fit and look proper.

The large buttons wouldn't have any writing as I couldn't figure out how to do that. But I do see someone on eBay has created stickers as well if it was necessary for you to have the writing.

Next up I'm going to 3D model the armrest and sides so we can get some non-wood options. I'll do them in grey and black if possible. Other colors are possible.

Would anyone be interested? I think these buttons are becoming pretty old (yellow) and brittle (mine broke off which led to this project). Also just for customizing or renewing your baby. 3D printing is expensive. $6-8 per button. I'm hoping the injection molding is cheaper but it would likely cost a fair amount to make a mold so initially would need to keep the per button price close to 6-8 to recoup. I know I'll end up losing money anyway but at least the machine will live on for a bit longer.

_WM
By vinyl_junkie_1620 Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 pm
I'd be interested in something like this but for the MPC 2k/XL

Buttons on those feel horrible. But it's not the micro switches at fault, they are pretty much the same parts as the 3k but the actual plastic switch is ewww nasty.

It would be better if they were the flat style button similar to the 3000, they would feel better instead of the crappy rounded/domed things that are difficult to press.

I think people would be interested in this "upgrade" if it was available
By Flub Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 pm
if they are exact I am also interested. I also modelled the buttons and wanted to make a molding form of an original first to check out if I can just copy a row of three with DIY molding techniques. But anyways as my buttons deformed because i was so dumb to use a hair dryer to "dry" them after cleaning/washing them...
I really need new ones that work flawlessly on first click. I couldnt find them anywhere... and 9 Dollar from mpcstuff is ridiculous.
By JUKE 179r Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 pm
I'm looking to buy the 3000's red Record and Overdub buttons.
I tried to fit MPC-Stuff's red MPC2000 record buttons since they are functionally usable but they are too small for the holes and looks like crap.
Last edited by JUKE 179r on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.