Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Paulau Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:10 pm
Hi MPC guys,

I recently acquired an MPC3000 with OS Valixi 3.5. I just came from the technician who repair my MPC.
I received it, it didn't work, because some ribbons and solders were damaged.
NOW MPC WORKS FINE... BUT there is a new problem.

I put a 4GB compact flash in the MPC and do this steps :

-DISK/press9"copy, format,other"/press4format a SCSI Hard Disk/Partitions/Mode1/and press 5

But, I can't even sample new sound (PROGRAMS/SOUNDS->press5sample new sound) this message comes up :

"There is not enough sound memory to perform this operation"

I hope I missed something, I'm new to the MPC world, 3 days I checked all message on forums, internet & stuff... But I'm really lost !

Some help ? :worthy:
By Paulau Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:11 pm
Horseclick wrote:ram, check to asee if you have any ram installed take a picture

hi ! thanks for your answer. here are some pictures :

The thing is that I've connected my VERMONA drmIII in midi to my MPC and I can record midi sequence and save it. Is that something that can prove the RAM is ok ?

Best regards,
By JUKE 179r Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:29 pm
I thought the 3000 uses a max 768mb and partitions the CF card into 30mb folders?
By Paulau Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I thought the 3000 uses a max 768mb and partitions the CF card into 30mb folders?

So you think the problem is that I should use a compact flash with less than 4GB on it ?
By Elias Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:02 pm
Either look how much sample time you have, or at the boot screen when powering the unit on. There is a screen called "system information". On it, you can see exactly how much ram you have.
By Paulau Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:17 pm
Dave_Mode wrote:When u go to sample a sound.... How much sample time does it say you have?

Nothing... As I mentioned before this message appears :
"There is not enough sound memory to perform this operation"
By Paulau Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:25 pm
Elias wrote:Either look how much sample time you have, or at the boot screen when powering the unit on. There is a screen called "system information". On it, you can see exactly how much ram you have.

Thanks for answer, the screen looks like this :

If u can't see the end of the lines this is :
"Active"

So...? Ram? Memory card? Anything?
By Paulau Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:13 pm
A pair of Glasses wrote:I would say its your ram,, but I don't own a 3000, I have an 60,

Best thing you could do is to find out what duke is saying.. Check the wave pcb.

Perhaps someone here could post a pic on how it looks, and where its placed.

Greets

Yes it will be helpful please...
By Paulau Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:30 pm
Paulau wrote:
A pair of Glasses wrote:I would say its your ram,, but I don't own a 3000, I have an 60,

Best thing you could do is to find out what duke is saying.. Check the wave pcb.

Perhaps someone here could post a pic on how it looks, and where its placed.

Greets

Yes it will be helpful please...

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/GOLD-32-MB-MEG-R ... 1733208321

You mean this by PCB (left hand corner and right hand corner?)
By Dave_Mode Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:02 am
OK so having tested at my end, it apparently is OK to not have wave PCB installed and still run the 3k. The fact that it says you've 0k free memory up top, points towards your RAM.
Remove both chips and very carefully reseat them.. hopefully this will solve your problem. Let us know how it goes.

Your compact flash has nothing to do with this, and the fact u can sequence shit with the 3k is good. That means it's working... We just gotta make it see the RAM now.