Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By TheOddfather Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 pm
Hey guys, I looked on this forum for a similar problem but have not found much results. I have my Iomega 100mb zip connected to my 3k but a lot of the time whenever I go to load it up it says there is no disk in the drive. Usually I feel like the best way to get it all synchronized is to turn on the drive first, then the MPC, wait till the drive stops starting up (usually takes about 20 minutes) then hitting load on the 3k. I have a project saved on my zip but even after I go through the necessary steps, to no avail, the disk is not loading. Anybody want to share their method as to how they make sure it all loads up properly? And after I get everything saved, am I supposed to wait for the drive to "cool down" and stop making the loading noise before I turn it off?
By Shostakovich Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:13 am
Difficult to say either way but the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned how intermittent it is is there might be a fault / bad connection. I would look at re-seating the SCSI cables, board etc. If that doesn't work, look at trying a different scsi device.