Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By conrad Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 pm
I answered that question in a previous answer number 14 on the rane page i linked to. Shows you the exact cable you need.
By conrad Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 pm
With the correct plugs at each end wired as shown in the diagram
By Wal Martian Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:20 pm
buzina8 wrote:
Wal Martian wrote:You're sticking your stereo headphones into mono outputs (L main, R main, insert) and hearing 1 channel of sound, that's expected, 1 channel is all you get from mono outs.

This is ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶ it.

- Headphone is connected to left main out. When playing pad 1 it comes from only the LEFT side of my headphone
- Headphone is connected to left main out. When playing pad 2 it comes from only the LEFT side of my headphone
- After this I switch the headphones jack to the right main out. And now I am playing pad 2 and comes also from only the LEFT side of my headphone. I was expecting it from the RIGHT side.

Headphones have a stereo 1/4" jack, that's not the same as a mono jack, balanced or unbalanced. It seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what mono/stereo and balanced/unbalanced are and how they function.
By buzina8 Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:13 pm
Thanks guys for all the help. You were right and its clear now.
I have found some turkish explanation of balanced/unbalanced cables and their functions. Its hard sometimes to understand english explanations for me. I try.

I thought that I have had 10 exactly the same cables. But looking at it closely there were 5 balanced and 5 unbalanced. So I have mixed them without knowing what I was putting in the outs.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 pm
buzina8 wrote:I am using balanced cables at this moment. But not getting the results I want. My outs dropping in level and hearing it only from the LEFT.

Both of the outs are 1 channel each. Left side is standard mono when plugged into any 1 channel output jack. I also suggest ......

conrad wrote:.....read about tip/sleeve connectors and tip/ring/sleeve connectors