Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By DJADamn Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:18 pm
Hey,

Recently bought a beutiful Mpc60 mk1 to play together with my s950. A dream! :)
This mpc came with an gotek emulator 720k, and I'm used with floppies.
I tried to save/load several time, with instructions from both here and google/youtube/manual but cannot make it work. I can find old stuff from the prev owner but every time it saves, and it does, when starting it up again, the machine cannot find anything. Loosing my mind. A few projects lost this way. Currently just setup to turntable/headphones as studio a new beeing setup.

Appriciate all the help I can get.
Thanks!
Adam
By Fanu Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:54 pm
DJADamn wrote:Hey,

Recently bought a beutiful Mpc60 mk1 to play together with my s950. A dream! :)
This mpc came with an gotek emulator 720k, and I'm used with floppies.
I tried to save/load several time, with instructions from both here and google/youtube/manual but cannot make it work. I can find old stuff from the prev owner but every time it saves, and it does, when starting it up again, the machine cannot find anything. Loosing my mind. A few projects lost this way. Currently just setup to turntable/headphones as studio a new beeing setup.

Appriciate all the help I can get.
Thanks!
Adam

MPC GOTEK SAVE:
• do whatever you wanna do on the MPC
• choose the folder you wanna save in (usb stick has to be OUT).
• plug in the usb stick; then it says d0 on the screen; wait till it's gone
• press left button (it'll say d1 on the screen)
• save on the MPC
• press left button (it'll show d2 and once it's gone, it's saved)

If, after choosing to save, the project takes more than one disk and it asks you to change it, first press left button (to save the first floppy's worth on the stick; wait till d2 goes away), get the stick out, change folder, plug stick back in, wait for d0 to appear and go away, press left, save on the MPC, press left again.

Lemme know if it works!