Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By huh? Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:46 pm
One of the plastic hole where the screw goes in on the side panel is a little chipped off, thus making it a little hard to turn when the screw is in. Well actually it never tightens, it just keeps on turning. Any recommendations on what to do? Maybe I could weld some kind of plastic where it was chipped off so that the screw could fully screw tightly in?
By huh? Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:43 am
I'm thinking of trying some epoxy. I'll put the screw in and apply some expoxy around it to build a base, then unscrew the screw out.
By huh? Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:26 am
Just an FYI that it worked. Screw hole is like new and side panel is locked in. Epoxy with metal tape did wonders! Just be patient and let the epoxy dry for a good 24 hours.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:55 am
epoxy is a little less forgiving than say teflon tape. Im glad it worked out for you but I am not sure epoxy would be the best first choice. It's hard to really understand the issue over the internet, but it sounds like the hole was stripped out. It's good you reached out for help but sucks it went under the radar for everyone. Not knocking you just looking at the situation, but yea props for getting it done.