Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Byanon239493 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:20 pm
Hey guys,

I`m a new member on these forums, but I`ve been checking posts on this site for about a year now. Great stuff. :-D

I recently picked up a fully serviced MPC3000. What a machine. Great build quality and having vailixi is really helpful. I`ve also owned a 2000xl for a while now, everything works great on the 2000xl, the only issue would be a couple of tact switches need to be pressed harder than normal.

I have a question for you MPC3000 and 60 experts:

When I`m in sample mode on the 3000, I notice a little white noise or hissing sound. If my stereo volume knob is at 12 o`clock, the sound is not even noticeable. As soon as I start to raise the stereo volume, especially 2 o clock and up, the sound gets louder and louder as I raise the stereo volume.

Since I don`t have my mixer my sample source is my Ipad through the Aux jack, using the right adapters.
I dont think my sample source is the issue because this sound occurs even when nothing is plugged into the machine.

My gain switch in the back is set to low. I`ve tried different cables and different positions on the record level knob but it seems to be present at all times.

I want to add that this happens on both my 3000 and my 2000xl.

I`ve tried looking for topics on the forum related to this but I`ve haven`t found the issue(if it even is an issue).

I`m just wondering if this is normal or if it`s something I should worry about.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!

PS : This only occurs in sample mode, but if I sample a more quiet sound(hi-hat for example) you can hear the hiss when the sample ends and depending on how quiet the sample is you`ll notice it with the sample. Also on more low end sounds (kicks bass etc..) you can sort of hear it when played back.
By A pair of Glasses Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 am
U can do the same test without any input source? Then you know for sure that it is the mpc's input source that is a bit noisy.. Also you can switch monitoring on/off to hear what it does with the noise-floor.
Older machines can come with an bit of extra noise on some places, and its up to you to determine if its acceptable or not B-)

Greets
By JUKE 179r Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:44 pm
Do you have the RaizenMonster card reader on your 3000?
By eno deggur Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:36 pm
Peace that is normal in a sample mode especially when it comes to old machines like the 3000 and 2000XL were built around the time. I have a 3000 use to own a 200XL did notice it but then again these are old machines we're dealing with. Try this lower the gain or switch the gain input to low on the 3000 and turn up the source you're sampling another factor is get better cables for less interference or noise. Hope it helps.
By amenphetamine Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:27 am
I'd also suggest to try some other set of speakers. I'm not saying it may be the issue in your case, but it was mine in the past when I was using my main pair of speakers with some specific sampler - it caused a noise, but only on that specific pair of speakers and that specific sampler, with other samplers they were perfectly fine. Then I switched to other speakers or headphones and the noise was gone.