Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By huh? Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:05 am
Curiosity on how you guys are using your 3000 in today's day and age (21st century) besides the usual turntable and 3000 side by side (which nothing is wrong with that and will never go away). Are you guys solely sampling and editing in the 3000 or using other software programs for that? Still MIDI'ing up the keyboards/sound modules to the 3000 or have you made the switch to Virtual Instruments? Share your progress.
By Wal Martian Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:40 pm
huh? wrote: Still MIDI'ing up the keyboards/sound modules to the 3000.

Yes I do this mostly. got a bunch of synth racks and keyboard racks. I love the quantize off 1/384 setting on the 3000 and I usually set my BPM to double. Lately I've been using the Yamaha Motif rack in Multi mode to use multiple sounds over a few MIDI channels.
By Mark Harris III Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:01 pm
Hello,

I still use my MPC 3000 a lot.
Various configurations for me, but I almost always sample from the computer, where my samples are stored/edited. Usually, I pitch the samples at +6 semitones and I go to the MPC quite hot.

- Most of the time, I use the MPC as a drum machine, sync'ed to the DAW via midi clock. In that case, I program the beat in the MPC (sometimes at a slower tempo) and then record each track in the daw to edit and arrange.

- Sometimes I tend to use it by itself, i.e. no connection to the computer or DAW, except the incoming samples, from an audio editor. In that case, I record only one track in the DAW, while arranging on the fly on the MPC.

- Sometimes, I hook my other synth (juno), drumboxes (TR), sampler (SP, 950) to the midi outs of the 3000, with the MPC as a master.

- Finally, sometimes I "play" the MPC on a midi track in the DAW. It's very convenient for the timing, but in that case I miss the 16 levels fonctionnality wich is really golden in that machine (and not only for the basslines).

Have a nice day.