Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By JcPonty Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:17 pm
Hi,
Since i did a maintenance or cleaning, my mpc had some issue with the groove (swing) and the note repeat.
I am unable to record constantly a note at 1/16 quantisation. i mean at the beginning of the seq, it works. But at a point it record at 1/8 or 1/32 and back to 1/16. So it is completely unstable.
And when i press the note repeat, it does the same. At the beginning it is straight and at a certain point, it start to do the same.

I could send it back to the maintenance. but before i would like to know it there is any settings in the Mpc that can produce that kind of behavior. or if i can reset something. Maintenance is far away.
And also during the maintenance, i ask to merge two mpc (110 and 220) together.
i have 3.10 in the memory and 3.11 on a floppy. Same behavior on both...
By vout Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:59 pm
This might just be a faulty button problem - does the screen change when the timing changes? Or it could be something more serious - possibly a cpu/data clocking issue, maybe caused by unstable power. What exactly was done in this 'maintenance'?

A workaround might be to record with quantize off and apply quantize/swing after.
Another thought - if you use a PAR file to set system parameters, try resetting them, I've seen weird things with a corrupt PAR file.