Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ssyniu Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm
Hi
My MPC 3000 started to give me a problem:

1.When I am Sampling New Sound in Mode: Stereo
The Left channel is clipping no matter how high or how low my Record Level is.
When I am trying to turn the "Record Level" knob the right channel seems to responds,when turning down the meter level is going down.
But the left channel is clipping no matter how high or how low the the"Record Level" knob is.

2. When I am Sampling New Sound in Mode: Mono Right
All seems to work fine "Meter" is responding accordingly when turning the "Record level"knob up or down.

3.When I am Sampling New Sound in Mode: Mono Left
Here everything is not working."Meter" is clipping I can't change the record level when turning the "Record Level"knob down,and I can hear very loud "hiss" noise.

And now my question where is the fault:
"Record Level"knob seems to be working because the right channel meter level is changing when turning the knob.
Is it something wrong with the left "Record In" input. why the sound is so amplified (very loud hiss).
Can someone who knows MPC3000 inside what is wrong which part need to be replaced?I am not an electronic engineer.

Thank You for your help in advance.
By ssyniu Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:13 pm
Low
I think I have the knob problem solved(I've opened the MPC unscrewed the volume knobs and put it back again and the "Record Level" knob works for both channels now)but it looks like two problems combined.
Still the left channel is too loud.

I recorded this just to make things simple.
The concern is why the left channel is so loud were the right and stereo modes aren't
Last edited by ssyniu on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ssyniu Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:59 pm
I think the needle is fine.
I was sampling today straight to the audio interface just to see if the dj mixer isn't the issue and everything went fine.
I can't remember maybe two ears old.