Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By saunlani Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:41 pm
so the board turned out to be okay, it was just a cheap micro usb cable that i was using which was causing the issue. I configured the card and it runs great! however, there is a new issue now.

when the mpc 3000 is turned on a loud whining sound can be heard when using the headphone jack. when the screen is turned on, another loud whining sound can be heard over that one as well. I did some reading about removing the floppy drive causing this but I still have not come across a solution. fortunately enough, the sound is not heard through the main outs, so i'm using one of those during the interim.

can anyone offer some guidance with this issue?
By JUKE 179r Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:51 pm
Are you powering the SCSI2SD card just from the SCSI cable? Or are you using the molex 5VDC power connector and SCSI cable?
I know you have the SCSI2SD card but with the Artmix SCSI card readers you had to solder in a ground at the power connector to silence the hum/whine in the headphone jack.
By saunlani Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 pm
powering just from the scsi but i notice the whining sound is present, regardless of whether or not the scsi2sd card is plugged in.