Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By MarcS Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 am
Just registered me on this forum. Read for some time. I have now registered because I do not want to ask. Mn Akai mpc3000 has a broken Data Entry rotory. Now I had the idea to buy an S3000XL and transfer the encoder. I have already replaced the tact switch with a tech and two elco's that are in poor condition in the diet have also been replaced. Making MPC perfect is already on the right track. Will have a look at this forum or else can ff neatly imagine. I use google translate mn english is not so good ;-) Thanks all for the help

Mhh How can I place a photo? Show mp mpc immediately ff
By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 pm
Open up your MPC3000 and make sure your rotary encoder wire connector is fully connected to the circuit board. If it is, try spraying some Deoxit into the encoder and work it in by rotating the shaft. This will clean and lubricate the insides of the encoder.
If that doesn't work, then you might need to replace it. There is a rotary potentiometer for the MPC3000 on eBay for sale right now.

Use https://imgbb.com/ to upload your pic to use on a forum.
By MarcS Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:52 pm
Yes, he is well connected. It has been looked at by someone who is very good with electronics. Who says that is worn out. Sub rec and Stop buttons did nothing at all anymore. Those S3000XL here do two hands 50 euros to 100 euros. If that encoder fits, I can buy better and change the encoder. An encoder from the us word dude joke. 80 usd + Tax + sending.

Go and see if Deoxit is available somewhere. Thanks for the help !!

Does anyone know if that encoder of S3000XL is the same as an MPC3000?
By MarcS Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:28 am
That is also in the US. I think it is + 20% inport and then shipping costs are added. Hope someone knows a store in Europe.

If an encoder of a S3000XL fits, it is better to buy a pair of hands. Is always a nice S3000XL with a less working button. Or even better get a pick with output expansion and let them go away again ;-)

My first MPC3000 also had Over Dub / Stop button in time. I had done that away. Then switched to a 2000XLMCD. Later had a 3000LE for years. Found Classic much nicer and by circumstances the LE done away. Now finally able to find an ordinary MPC3000. For a decent price ;-) Also had a 60MK2. So especially 4 Linn MPC. Now that haahahah remains a party machine
By JUKE 179r Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 pm
I wish someone would come clean and let us know what exact part number for the 3000 rotary encoders we can get from Mouser or Digi-Key.
By richie Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm
I do not believe the S3000XL utilizes the same encoder.

Mouser and Digikey will not have that ALPS encoder as it has not been manufactured in 20+ years. You'd have to find another compatible version. I managed to source some of them last year from a supplier in Asia but the prices are not that much of from what VST is quoting. That's why you have dudes like kanamit charging what he does to cover fees and make a few dollars.
By JUKE 179r Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 am
I'm meant to say I'm sure there is a suitable substitute for the 20+ year encoder from Mouser/Diego-Key.