Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Kalou Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 pm
Hello all, long time no post!

I have a 3000 LE with some wear to the body from the previous owner. Some parts of the paint have seemingly got worn by skin oils and there's some bubbling to the surface. It's darker in these sections. Also if you run a nail on them it chips off to expose the body under the paint. Looks like one area by the jog dial was exposed too long and has rusted.

It's not a massive deal but I really love the original design of the LE and wonder if anyone has tried re-painting sections with wear or marks. Does anyone know the closest paint to the original colour. It seems a risky venture but it's be nice to try and restore to original state.

There's a few dark spots and wear/bubbling like this but here's one part that bothers me...

Image EDIT: Can't get imgur photo link to work... :?
By JUKE 179r Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 pm
My 3000LE is the same way around the data entry knob from the Previous Owner's hands ...
By Wal Martian Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm
Kalou wrote:Thanks for posting that. What was I doing wrong?

Your link was to a webpage, not an image. You need the exact URL to the picture http://***/***/***.jpg on PC you just right click on the image and select Open In new Tab or Copy Image Location