Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By richie Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm
tapedeck wrote:that part number appears to be akai specific.
somebody who has one could do a good favor by posting some detailed pics and/or measurements and i bet we could find the generic part on mouser / ebay

I was unable to find the ones pictured or of that sizing on Mouser, Digikey, Farnel, Element, otherwise I would have posted them. However, the size of the ones listed will fit without trouble. The Jalco parts are used in the ones that VST services as well. Akai often screws up the way they handle naming conventions in the service manuals which can make it much of a task to locate things online.

I do agree with what you are saying, as more specific information could lead to cheaper sourcing of parts but for now, in my opinion the eBay links are cost effective enough for Raudy to get his sh*t fixed.

If I find out a cheaper source, I'll edit my previous post to reflect as such.
By tapedeck Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm
even if they arent the exact same part, if the pins are in the same place, it could work. there are lots of options out there. yes ebay is always an option.

edit: quick search on mouser and cant find any with that same pinout, so yea...might have to pay more for obscurity.
By richie Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:36 pm
tapedeck wrote:even if they arent the exact same part, if the pins are in the same place, it could work. there are lots of options out there. yes ebay is always an option.

edit: quick search on mouser and cant find any with that same pinout, so yea...might have to pay more for obscurity.

The pins in the ones listed are exact and will work. Like I mentioned 2 posts prior, the HOSIDEN HLJ0520-110 were used in several Ensoniq, Korg, Roland pieces of gear, with shops online offering newer parts (as the ones I linked) as alternatives for replacing the HOSIDEN parts no longer manufactured.
By tapedeck Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 pm
richie wrote:The pins in the ones listed are exact and will work. Like I mentioned 2 posts prior, the HOSIDEN HLJ0520-110 were used in several Ensoniq, Korg, Roland pieces of gear, with shops online offering newer parts (as the ones I linked) as alternatives for replacing the HOSIDEN parts no longer manufactured.

like you mentioned in two posts prior, after a few others posts, and an edit that i didnt go back to read :mrgreen:

i know the ones you linked will work, im just confirming i cannot find them on mouser. i was able to find the ones from the ebay auction at a few sites tho, so good find.
Byanon_59393a948 Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:01 pm
Its likely i will go with the ones richie posted from ebay unless you guys tell me a better source. Thanks everyone! :))
By tapedeck Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:12 pm
Raudy wrote:Its likely i will go with the ones richie posted from ebay unless you guys tell me a better source. Thanks everyone! :))

i think thats a great idea. make sure whoever does this work knows what they are doing - desoldering sucks
By richie Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:34 pm
By the way

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-1-4-6-3 ... 1318853999

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-6-35mm-1 ... 3018563684

I'm going to buy these and then sell them on eBay for 10 times the price. Then with the $ I get from that I'm going to buy equipment for my new business, doing ass implant surgeries on the low, using silicone I stole from the construction site and life will be grand.
Byanon_59393a948 Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 pm
LOL this made my friday xD