Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By cj1973 Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:22 am
Does anyone know where I could purchase a CF reader for an MPC 60 MK1?
I have a SCSI reader, but am done with it lol and am so done with floppy disks. The struggle to save samples and upload and have a data base of drum samples is definitely becoming too slow and limited with SCSI/Floppy.
I hope you can advise me.
Thanks!!
By richie Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:31 pm
@tapedeck I'm not sure if the scsi2sd will help him as he is already complaining about using a card reader, what a lazy ass.
By tapedeck Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 pm
i got to admit i dont really know what a scsi reader is, but still the info is relevant for anyone else who finds this.

another great option is the hxc floppy emulator, but it will still behave just like a floppy, only all your floppies are on one sd card now. probably your best bet if you dont have scsi.
http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/
By richie Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 pm
@tapedeck you already know I'm not dissing what you're saying. I think that he's talking about having a CF reader though. Seems like only a few of us on this forum actually respond to technical threads.
By cj1973 Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:44 am
Thanks, Richie and Tapedeck
Not necessarily a lazy ass lol but just trying to make my work flow faster.
I’m a Daw guy for the most part but looking to integrate a few MPCs purely for their sounds and the ocassional beatmaking and sampling really. As I understand it there was a company RazinMonster that made MPC60 CF card loaders but I am unsure they make them anymore. Here is some additional information I found so gonna dig into this more.
Thanks
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... tions.html
By A pair of Glasses Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 pm
If u want speed on loading/saving time u need the scsi interface.. Then perhaps the acard 72xx(I've mentiont this before but still I keep forgetting the last two.. Excuse me) then an converter to cf... U can see the pics of my 60 in the "post your 60/3000 section.

Greets B-)