Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Dillatracks Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 pm
Hey!

I recently bought a MPC 60II and as I'm learning the machine, I've noticed a couple of problems.

One of my biggest at the moment is recording in. I'm trying to sample from my record player but am noticing the sound quality is terrible. Basically, some of the higher range of audio will come in clearly, so long there isn't a lot of instrumentation (i.e. drums/bass/vocals, etc...) playing. As soon as more sound comes in from different areas of the spectrum, it starts to get very bad, and only a little bit of the sound actually "comes through." I'm not sure if I'm explaining this too well, but essentially I'll be listening to a song and will only be able to hear the main sample along with backing vocals, nothing else.
Some of the elements in the song that I couldn't hear before such as the drums or bass come through at parts where the song is a little more stripped down, making me feel like whatever the MPC processes the input with before playing it back to me is damaged or incorrectly working, almost like it can't process it all at once.

Furthermore, the Low/Med/Hi Gain switch on the back must have a poor connection, as if you giggle it, the signal will improve much like trying to get a connection with broken headphones by moving the cord in weird angles.

I know I might now have explained it too well, but if anybody can offer me any help, I'd really appreciate it. Does anybody know what's wrong or what steps I may need to take next?

Thanks for your time.