Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Dusty Snares Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:21 am
Sup everyone I was just wonder if anyone has experienced beats getting ruined by hackers. I made this beat back in the day and I noticed it would change worse every time I would listen to it and for a day it had a voice booing on it. I know for a fact that the beat I recorded was a 8bar drum pattern at 120 bpms time sig was at 4/4 which is 16 seconds right so I decided to drag the beat back into my program and i made a cut at the first and last kick so it would loop one time and turns out its now 137bpms 8bars at 4/4 tsig which is 14 seconds but the bpm counter say its 92 bpms. How could this happen? If i time stretch it back to 16 seconds the drums sounds how it originally sounded but the sample sounds slower then the original and im guessing its because they tried to be slick with it when they squished it to 14seconds and the sample probably didnt sound right so they time stretched the sample slower so when I time stretched it back it made the sample even slower then the original. What does someone do in this situation? Should I call the police I have no idea.
By richie Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:10 am
This is amazing.
By NearTao Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:18 pm
Hey there! It sounds like you've been experiencing some unusual issues with your beat, and it's understandable that you're concerned about potential hacking or unauthorized alterations. While I can't be certain about the cause of the changes you're facing, I can offer some insights and steps you can take to investigate and potentially resolve the situation:

1. Check your system: Before jumping to conclusions, it's essential to ensure that there are no technical glitches on your end. Verify your software, plugins, and hardware for any abnormalities that might be causing the changes.

2. Secure your files: Make sure your files are well-protected by using strong passwords and secure storage methods. This will help minimize the chances of unauthorized access to your work.

3. Analyze the issue: Try to understand if the changes are the result of any accidental manipulation on your part or if there's a possibility of external interference. If you have any doubts about the file's integrity, keep backups for comparison.

4. Seek professional help: Consider reaching out to an audio engineer or a professional who specializes in music production. They can analyze the audio file and potentially shed light on the cause of the changes.

5. Avoid jumping to conclusions: It's essential not to assume hacking without concrete evidence. Sometimes, software or technical issues can lead to unexpected alterations in music files.

6. Report if necessary: If you have strong evidence of unauthorized access to your work, consider reporting the incident to the relevant authorities, such as your local law enforcement, along with the evidence you've gathered.

7. Protect your work in the future: Moving forward, consider implementing additional security measures to protect your music creations. Watermarking or registering your work with copyright authorities can add an extra layer of protection.

Remember, it's crucial to gather as much evidence and information as possible before making any accusations. Stay calm and composed throughout the process, and seek assistance from experts if needed. I hope everything gets sorted out and your music remains secure!
By Lampdog Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:32 pm
There’s a complaint there.
There’s lots of info missing in order to substantiate that complaint.
Follow NT’s advice.
By richie Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:39 pm
Just to play along, this is posted in the MPC 60 / 3000 forum.

If Dusty Snares is saying that his beat on the 60 or 3000 had those symptoms, that would then mean that a super hacker had the ability to physically source the pgm and seq files off the Akai formatted partitions of the disk, load the same beat into their own MPC, put those trolling samples in the sequence, save them, then some how copy them back and save them to the physical media that he loaded them off in the first place.

This sounds retarded but I love it.
By Dusty Snares Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:50 pm
richie wrote:Just to play along, this is posted in the MPC 60 / 3000 forum.

If Dusty Snares is saying that his beat on the 60 or 3000 had those symptoms, that would then mean that a super hacker had the ability to physically source the pgm and seq files off the Akai formatted partitions of the disk, load the same beat into their own MPC, put those trolling samples in the sequence, save them, then some how copy them back and save them to the physical media that he loaded them off in the first place.

This sounds retarded but I love it.

I didnt save the beat to a floppy I recorded it to my computer with an audio interface and It got ruined on my computer.
By richie Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:54 pm
Dusty Snares wrote:I didnt save the beat to a floppy I recorded it to my computer with an audio interface and It got ruined on my computer.

So to be clear - Did you make this beat on an MPC 60 or 3000?

And if so, are you saying that you recorded the two track out into your interface, and some how sounds got replaced in the two track so when you loaded the beat again it was a different sounding beat than what you recorded from the interface?
By NearTao Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:54 pm
If you're experiencing "booing" or unwanted sounds being added to your recordings, there are several potential causes for this issue. Here are some common reasons why it might be happening:

1. **Audio Interference**: External interference, such as electromagnetic interference from nearby electronics, power cables, or cell phones, can introduce unwanted noise into your recording.

2. **Software Glitches**: Sometimes, software bugs or glitches in your recording software or plugins can lead to unexpected artifacts or sounds in the recordings.

3. **Hardware Issues**: Faulty or damaged audio cables, connectors, or audio interfaces can introduce noise or unwanted sounds into your recordings.

4. **Microphone Problems**: If you're using a microphone, it could be picking up ambient noise, room reflections, or even mechanical noises from the microphone itself.

5. **Background Noise**: The recording environment might have background noise, like fans, air conditioning, or other equipment, which can inadvertently be captured in the recording.

6. **Audio Effects or Processing**: If you're using audio effects or plugins during recording or post-processing, they could be introducing the unwanted sounds.

7. **Audio Source**: If you're using samples or audio files from other sources, they might contain the "booing" sound, and it's being unintentionally added to your recording.

8. **Audio Routing**: Incorrect audio routing or monitoring setup can lead to audio feedback loops or crosstalk, causing unwanted sounds to be recorded.

To address the issue, you can try the following steps:

- **Isolate the problem**: Check if the "booing" sound is present in your raw audio source (before any processing) to determine if it's originating from the recording environment or hardware setup.

- **Check your gear**: Inspect all your equipment, cables, and connectors for damage or loose connections. Consider using different cables or trying a different audio interface if possible.

- **Noise reduction**: If you can identify the specific "booing" sound, you may try using noise reduction techniques or plugins to minimize its impact.

- **Recording environment**: Optimize your recording space by minimizing background noise and using acoustic treatment if needed.

- **Software and plugins**: Ensure you're using up-to-date software versions, and try disabling plugins one by one to identify if any specific plugin is causing the issue.

- **Monitoring setup**: Verify your monitoring setup to prevent audio feedback or crosstalk issues during recording.

- **Test different sources**: If you're using samples or audio files, try different sources to see if the issue persists with each one.

If the problem persists despite your efforts to troubleshoot, it may be beneficial to consult with a professional audio engineer or technician. They can help analyze your specific setup and provide personalized solutions.

Remember to keep backups of your work at different stages of the production process, so you can revert to previous versions if needed. This way, you won't risk losing your work due to unforeseen issues.
By Dusty Snares Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:02 pm
richie wrote:
Dusty Snares wrote:I didnt save the beat to a floppy I recorded it to my computer with an audio interface and It got ruined on my computer.

And if so, are you saying that you recorded the two track out into your interface, and some how sounds got replaced in the two track so when you loaded the beat again it was a different sounding beat than what you recorded from the interface?

This happened to beats I made on the mpc2000 mpc60ii and Logic Pro
By Dusty Snares Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:02 pm
The thing is I rerecorded the same drum pattern on my 60 at 120bpms tsig 4/4 at 8bars into my computer yesterday and the beat that was ruined had a part of the sample that was playing at the beginning with no drums so I stretch it half of what I did when I stretched the full beat and lined it up with the drums I redid and it sounded just like the original it was ****ing beautiful so I went to go show my mom when I got back and played it it was slower and sounded like crap again.
By Dusty Snares Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:07 pm
NearTao wrote:If you're experiencing "booing" or unwanted sounds being added to your recordings, there are several potential causes for this issue. Here are some common reasons why it might be happening:

1. **Audio Interference**: External interference, such as electromagnetic interference from nearby electronics, power cables, or cell phones, can introduce unwanted noise into your recording.

2. **Software Glitches**: Sometimes, software bugs or glitches in your recording software or plugins can lead to unexpected artifacts or sounds in the recordings.

3. **Hardware Issues**: Faulty or damaged audio cables, connectors, or audio interfaces can introduce noise or unwanted sounds into your recordings.

4. **Microphone Problems**: If you're using a microphone, it could be picking up ambient noise, room reflections, or even mechanical noises from the microphone itself.

5. **Background Noise**: The recording environment might have background noise, like fans, air conditioning, or other equipment, which can inadvertently be captured in the recording.

6. **Audio Effects or Processing**: If you're using audio effects or plugins during recording or post-processing, they could be introducing the unwanted sounds.

7. **Audio Source**: If you're using samples or audio files from other sources, they might contain the "booing" sound, and it's being unintentionally added to your recording.

8. **Audio Routing**: Incorrect audio routing or monitoring setup can lead to audio feedback loops or crosstalk, causing unwanted sounds to be recorded.

To address the issue, you can try the following steps:

- **Isolate the problem**: Check if the "booing" sound is present in your raw audio source (before any processing) to determine if it's originating from the recording environment or hardware setup.

- **Check your gear**: Inspect all your equipment, cables, and connectors for damage or loose connections. Consider using different cables or trying a different audio interface if possible.

- **Noise reduction**: If you can identify the specific "booing" sound, you may try using noise reduction techniques or plugins to minimize its impact.

- **Recording environment**: Optimize your recording space by minimizing background noise and using acoustic treatment if needed.

- **Software and plugins**: Ensure you're using up-to-date software versions, and try disabling plugins one by one to identify if any specific plugin is causing the issue.

- **Monitoring setup**: Verify your monitoring setup to prevent audio feedback or crosstalk issues during recording.

- **Test different sources**: If you're using samples or audio files, try different sources to see if the issue persists with each one.

If the problem persists despite your efforts to troubleshoot, it may be beneficial to consult with a professional audio engineer or technician. They can help analyze your specific setup and provide personalized solutions.

Remember to keep backups of your work at different stages of the production process, so you can revert to previous versions if needed. This way, you won't risk losing your work due to unforeseen issues.

when I say booing I mean a human voice that sounds displeased and it was only for a day.
By Dusty Snares Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:26 pm
richie wrote:

It wasn't a different beat it was just faster tempo and very slight difference in pitch and the timing was off. And the thing is when I originaly recorded it I didnt quantize but I tapped out the pattern perfect and it sounded perfect after I made it but after a couple years later its way off now. It was 2 years later when I noticed. And sometimes the beat fixes by itself but It still never sounds as good as the original then It gets worse again.
By Dusty Snares Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:03 pm
okay update so I just prove again that I was hacked.
What I was saying earlier is that the hacker squished my beat to 137 bpms from the original 120bpms making the loop 14 seconds but then I said that I thought they time stretched the sample slower after the hacker squished it to make it harder to notice and I just found out that the sample was in fact time stretched one second slower but they stretch the entire 3minute beat so how I figured that out was by putting a cut right at the beginning of the beat then made the same cut at the same spot at the seconded time it looped around and turns out its missing .5 seconds of the chop at the beginning and end of the beat.