Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By djpopcorn Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:00 pm
Hello folks.

I'm trying to hook up three synths via midi to MPC60.
BUT, I don't want any synth to be a controller for the others. I want all three synths to be able to be played and be able to record their midi into the mpc and the mpc be able to play all three synths back.

But, MPC60 doesn't have three midi ins. Only has two.

I'm using MPC for drums and samples. And the three synths for bass, melody, pads.

Seems simple. But MPC has 4 midi outs and only two Midi ins. So how do I hook up this, what i thought was a simple set up?

IMPORTANT I don't want one synth controlling another. I Already know how to set that up, that's not what I want.

Please and thank you!
By Telefunky Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:48 am
Just stating the obvious: set each synth to it‘s own dedicated midi channel.
If one of them is not capable to do this, use a midi filter in front of it.
(or a multi channel device that can handle filter/routing for the whole setup)
You probably know all this, so there may be a reason why it doesn‘t (seem) to apply :hmmm:
By djpopcorn Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:42 pm
Telefunky wrote:Just stating the obvious: set each synth to it‘s own dedicated midi channel.
If one of them is not capable to do this, use a midi filter in front of it.
(or a multi channel device that can handle filter/routing for the whole setup)
You probably know all this, so there may be a reason why it doesn‘t (seem) to apply :hmmm:

Yeah, but that doesn't allow me to do what I specified in my post. Thanks for replying though!
By Telefunky Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:51 pm
You may midi merge 2 of the synths to compensate for the missing input.
(assuming the MPC60 can assign the same input to 2 (or rather multiple) tracks, with each track set to it‘s individual midi channel)