By KkonEl Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:01 pm
J Rocc has Jay Dee's MPC?
I heard Illa J had it at one time
I know he has his studio equipment
By 7 1 4 Beats Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 pm
KkonEl wrote:J Rocc has Jay Dee's MPC?
I heard Illa J had it at one time
I know he has his studio equipment

Illa J never had it that's a rumor that was going around. Dilla was using it at Mainframe & Platonics studio in Echo Park cause him & Karriem were using there studio/house to do The Shining but Dilla got sick and left it over there cause he would still go there to do alot of his mixing and live stuff so he left it there and those guys from Sound In Color Mainframe & Platonic tried to keep it till J Rocc went over there and took that shit back from them cause they were gonna try to keep it and not give it up. SO now it jsut sits at J's house.
By Raystar Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:07 am
7 1 4 Beats wrote:
Raystar wrote:I would like to know what number Dilla had... Diamond has...

Ask J. Rocc he has it chillin at his pad.

okay cool, as long as someone who loved him has it... but then that would be alot of people... so it seems as though Dilla never really "gave" his stuff to anybody... maybe he did tell certain people to get his things and keep them... I know if I had it I would never load anything he was working on or even use it... I would set up something to display it... maybe there are some pics of how he last left it... I would try to recreate how he had used it last and display it that way. I love Dilla.
By KkonEl Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 pm
Illa J never had it that's a rumor that was going around. Dilla was using it at Mainframe & Platonics studio in Echo Park cause him & Karriem were using there studio/house to do The Shining but Dilla got sick and left it over there cause he would still go there to do alot of his mixing and live stuff so he left it there and those guys from Sound In Color Mainframe & Platonic tried to keep it till J Rocc went over there and took that **** back from them cause they were gonna try to keep it and not give it up. SO now it jsut sits at J's house.

word
so I guess he just keeps it so no one else can get thier hands on it
why not just give it back to his mom or something?
I know they were cool and all, but thats a llittle strange
not saying anything bad about J Rocc; I'm referring to the situation
By 7 1 4 Beats Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:30 pm
KkonEl wrote:
Illa J never had it that's a rumor that was going around. Dilla was using it at Mainframe & Platonics studio in Echo Park cause him & Karriem were using there studio/house to do The Shining but Dilla got sick and left it over there cause he would still go there to do alot of his mixing and live stuff so he left it there and those guys from Sound In Color Mainframe & Platonic tried to keep it till J Rocc went over there and took that **** back from them cause they were gonna try to keep it and not give it up. SO now it jsut sits at J's house.

word
so I guess he just keeps it so no one else can get thier hands on it
why not just give it back to his mom or something?
I know they were cool and all, but thats a llittle strange
not saying anything bad about J Rocc; I'm referring to the situation

I mean J Rocc said if Illa wants he can have it but Illa said it was cool and Illa got a XL from one of the boys. J Rocc and Dill were tight very tight best friends spoke to each other everyday. J Rocc also was the one to go get it cause no one else was going to and you don't wanna cross paths with J Rocc and be on his bad side if you from LA area. But yeah it's in good hands it just sits and is a memorial piece now.
By Dr. Lecter Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:57 pm
First things first..Dilla is overated..i know it sounds off topic,but leave the love-story of mpc3000LE and Dilla behind please.Many people didn't even mention QTip for school him to make beats..and the most of you cats,you first heard of him from the Donuts ish.Not even from Slum Village not to mention his Pharcyde remix and stuff..Anyway i'm not a Dilla fan you get the picture. 8) As for the topic,do a search through google and myspace and take a look at producers' setups and studios.You gonna see many more LEs than the classic 3k.So,how much LE is the LE?? Serial numbers and stuff really don't matter in the subject of "rarity" or "hard to find".
By 7 1 4 Beats Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:06 pm
Dr. Lecter wrote:First things first..Dilla is overated..i know it sounds off topic,but leave the love-story of mpc3000LE and Dilla behind please.Many people didn't even mention QTip for school him to make beats..and the most of you cats,you first heard of him from the Donuts ish.Not even from Slum Village not to mention his Pharcyde remix and stuff..Anyway i'm not a Dilla fan you get the picture. 8) As for the topic,do a search through google and myspace and take a look at producers' setups and studios.You gonna see many more LEs than the classic 3k.So,how much LE is the LE?? Serial numbers and stuff really don't matter in the subject of "rarity" or "hard to find".

:lol:
By monogee Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:26 pm
This is getting off topic about who has J Dilla's MPC. Who cares. I would like to know who has the MPC3000LE with the Serial # 0001. Now that's something.
By Raystar Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:47 am
Dr. Lecter wrote:...Many people didn't even mention QTip for school him to make beats...

Eat your heart out.