Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By KoolSha178 Fri May 16, 2003 11:45 pm
Can the 3000 do this or what....say I only want .5 seconds from a sample that was originally 4 seconds in length, can I trim and delete the unused portion without resampling, I find myself wasting alot of memory by leaving these chunks of space in my memory when they are not needed. thanks.

By elmacaco Sat May 17, 2003 6:14 am
Of course it Can!

Go to Sounds menu, press 6 (edit sounds), set your soft start and end points to where you want them, then go to the bottom right hand field (should say copy .temp or something like that) then scroll through the selections until you get to delete before soft start, press soft key 4 (Do it) then scroll one more forward, delete after soft end, press soft key 4 (do it) and your sample will only be the .5 or whatever you want it to be.

So easy! this is why I think the MPC 60 /3000 forum doesn't get so many simple questions, they are quite intuitive.

By KoolSha178 Tue May 20, 2003 1:30 am
wassup dog, you trying to make me feel dumb or something, thanks though, i cant believe i never seen that option.

8)

By elmacaco Tue May 20, 2003 7:23 pm
Heh Heh, nah, not trying to make you feel anything but the power of the 60/3000.

There are more cool options in that menu. I use the play zone and copy / insert shit to chop shit sometimes.

By KoolSha178 Tue May 20, 2003 8:24 pm
i know....but seriously, you got me thinkin, i dont even think i've tapped her right yet. how bout you post up a weekly tip here for intermediate/expert users, its easier to check out than the yahoo club. thatd be cool. 1.

8)

By elmacaco Tue May 20, 2003 9:46 pm
Yeah, I've hardly tapped my 60 completely, I've only had it for about 9 months.

don't have a 3000, so I couldn't help with the filters and such. weekly tip? Not sure, if I come up with something cool I tend to comment on it on a related thread. I was using the copy zone > temp and Insert zone > temp to chop some shit, and I used a sample with nothing recorded at a fixed length 0.100.00 to paste the chops into. time consuming if you are chopping lots of shit, but for a few things it works quite well.

I hate that the echo send only works on the stereo outs.

I was blown away that you can assign any midi cc to the NV slider, and the other midi sequencing aspects that I only used for the first time last week.

ANother thing I have been doing to get more resolution is sequencing at like 180 and 220 for slower beats at 32 note quantizing. Not anything I expect to be too new to you fellas. I am definately into swaping tips.