Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By barselo Sat May 17, 2003 7:26 pm
whats up peoples, i recently bought an mpc3000 at a garage sale for $500..thats right!!!!!! the ladys son died a coule of ytears ago and she was selling his stuff.. amazingly she didnt know what is was... :lol:
the sequencer works seamlessly, the sampling inputs work well also.. i have one little problem.. i can assign for example a kik to a pad but whenever i go back to the main screen and hit a pad i hear no sound.. now i kow the sound has been assigned to the pad, and i know sound comes out the mpc because when i hit the soft key 1 i hear the sound..but when i assign the sound to any pad in any bank i cant hear it when i press the pads... any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks

By510 Sat May 17, 2003 10:18 pm
hit program sounds then hit number one, then touch the pad you want the sound assigned to, then you go to the sound field and find that listed sound..
By barselo Sat May 17, 2003 11:27 pm
:?: i'm sorry can you or someone explain that in a little more detail???
i'm stuck..

By510 Sun May 18, 2003 12:42 am
check out that link, they have the manual for the mpc3000....but basically the reason you can't hear any sounds is because you first have to assign that sound to a program to play it....

http://www.vintagesynth.org/akai/mpc3000.shtml

By barselo Sun May 18, 2003 1:32 am
i already have the moanual thanks man... and i already assigned it to a program... i stil dont hear anything... any other advice please??

By barselo Sun May 18, 2003 1:52 am
as a matter of fact i am assigning it to program 1. i know the pads are working because whenever i hit the pad to assign a sound to it..i see the screen acknowledge the pad i am currently hitting..when i hit the soft key 1.. i hear sound but when i hit the pad i dont....why???? this shit is frustrating me ....

By elmacaco Sun May 18, 2003 5:03 am
are you hitting the pad hard enough? put full level on, see what happens.

do you have your outputs hooked up right? the level switch up high? check your drum mix settings, speakers, etc.

By barselo Mon May 19, 2003 7:10 pm
if by level switch you mean the gain switch then yes its on high...
drum mix settings are straight .. meaning i went into the mixer screen and made sure the volume was up.. i know the outputs are working because when i hit soft key 1 i hear the sounds....this shit has me perplexed... i never went through this with my 2000....i dont know why the pads wont trigger a sound.. i know the mpc is getting the message because when i try to assign a sound to the pad, i see the pad being assigned.. damn..... :( :?

By KoolSha178 Tue May 20, 2003 1:33 am
that 3000 has bad karma attached to it, sell it to me for 400 and ill handle it.

By barselo Sun May 25, 2003 9:18 pm
OKKKK I GOT IT WORKING NOW.... I CHANGED THE PADS..... EVERYTHING IS SWEET NOW...DAMN THEIS SEQUENCER IS THE SHIZNIT... dont know whether to resell it or sell my 2000xl...

By elmacaco Mon May 26, 2003 5:51 am
waddaya mean you "changed the pads"?

enquiring minds wanna know.