Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs

By cunoSvaa Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:33 am
calling pete rock is going to far?
you think any of the "old school" heads are trying to make music any more?
its sad the jeans they wear are like 90 bills a pop and i know pete rock is iced out he didnt make cake like talking about it really yeah he is a legend but its his only gig he has to revert to making money and if he does it by selling out there are a few that keep it a hobby more than keeping the secretary in the lobby and a car by the front door!
12 bit is more interesting than 24 bit just like its been said i can rock any gear! but you still make boo boo music now days Hiphop should have never been big but cadillacs and fubu and jimmy dean sausage links have to get the "urban, inner city", people bying goods

12 bit is mad grimy i dont think there is much more grimy 12 bit reduction plays at a level that even underwater distorion recognizes at unique levels....i would know i am a sonar tech in the military! so if 24 bit is better quality then so be it but you cant beat 12 bit if your a hip hop hobby'st and thats word booty! to the max i just think it to easy with up to 20 min of sample time.... as opposed to 26 sec's and being able to bang out eardrums and brake neck plates!

peace

By earwolf Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:16 pm
cunoSvaa wrote:calling pete rock is going to far?
you think any of the "old school" heads are trying to make music any more?
its sad the jeans they wear are like 90 bills a pop and i know pete rock is iced out he didnt make cake like talking about it really yeah he is a legend but its his only gig he has to revert to making money and if he does it by selling out there are a few that keep it a hobby more than keeping the secretary in the lobby and a car by the front door!
12 bit is more interesting than 24 bit just like its been said i can rock any gear! but you still make boo boo music now days Hiphop should have never been big but cadillacs and fubu and jimmy dean sausage links have to get the "urban, inner city", people bying goods

12 bit is mad grimy i dont think there is much more grimy 12 bit reduction plays at a level that even underwater distorion recognizes at unique levels....i would know i am a sonar tech in the military! so if 24 bit is better quality then so be it but you cant beat 12 bit if your a hip hop hobby'st and thats word booty! to the max i just think it to easy with up to 20 min of sample time.... as opposed to 26 sec's and being able to bang out eardrums and brake neck plates!

peace

can someone please translate this into english

By Robbinson Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:00 pm
Pete Rock a Sale Out ?
What --- Who is this kid, Where does he live ?
That's like using Paste Paconte sauce made in New York City.
Somebody needs to read their credits. Pete Rock has the kind of props that you can't steal.
Matter of fact choke yourself.

By 950skweezyotitties Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:03 pm
i dont think the original poster of this topic is gonna reply considering it was posted over two years ago. guarantee tho he'd roast you on the mpc or any other machine. thats something to choke on.

By Robbinson Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:47 am
I Know I'm just reading. I really don't care if anyone replys on that one.
I was stupid for visiting this case.

//

By firework Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 pm
12 bit i great - I actually use 13bit no lie ----my ensoniq eps rack samples in 13bit and mkaes great drums - i have a emax thats the closest thing to sp1200 ----iam looking for a mpc 3000 though tocontrol the jawns

By roach lotion Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 pm
y'all kill me with this shit. The man is getting paid, that's more than most of you would understand at the moment. But I bet if he put his xl up for grabs, y'all would bid for it. And if you won you'd make it known that it was his that you won. This is what I hate the most about forums, people who seem to think they know so much but are in the same position as everyone else who's just starting. Or worse, "advanced" and recieving no pay going nowhere. Shit put your beats up then.

By kneebone77 Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:57 am
^^^
roach lotion,
Thats a wild name. What made you think of that?

By deck daddy Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 am
^^^
kneebone77,
this is a very old thread. What made you bring it back to life again? Not the first time this thread is resurrected...

By kneebone77 Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:01 pm
^^^
I just started reading it. I had no intentions of posting at first but then I saw the last guy to post was name "roach lotion" and I had to ask...

By zapp Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:18 pm
Why is "Pete Rock" and "sell-out" in the same sentence?
Seriously I hope this whole thread was a joke. Do u really think anybody cares about some nerdy ass schit like that??? 16 bit vs 12 bit has NO relevance. He can still rock it a million times better than 99.99% of people on this thread.

By earwolf Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 pm
zapp wrote:Why is "Pete Rock" and "sell-out" in the same sentence?
Seriously I hope this whole thread was a joke. Do u really think anybody cares about some nerdy ass schit like that??? 16 bit vs 12 bit has NO relevance. He can still rock it a million times better than 99.99% of people on this thread.

i dunno man when i read the news i ebayed all my PR vinyl and i have no love for him no more

By deck daddy Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:39 pm
earwolf wrote:
zapp wrote:Why is "Pete Rock" and "sell-out" in the same sentence?

i dunno man when i read the news i ebayed all my PR vinyl and i have no love for him no more

HAHA!

By Swissmaster_Cheese Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:39 am
elmacaco wrote:Yeah, he's gettin paid, he rocks an XL, although he should have stuck with the SP-1200 strictly cuz his XL stuff sounds like everybody else, and he rocks the SP like no other.

Me and Drumatic know what time it is, 12 bit is the shyt all you 16 bit cats are gonna be the middle child cuz fidelity is now the realm of 24 bit and grit and grunge is the 12 bit arena, so what do you guys have but CD quality!!

LET THE BIT WARS BEGIN!!!!!!

how's the 90's treating ya?

By zapp Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:58 pm
Hate to have to say it but some of the people on this Forum really aren't all that bright. I man between this thread , the "Is sampling from soul still worth it" and numerous other ones like that , makes you wonder if there's any point of being on here. Because in the end the people starting these threads are"Expert Members" or "Advanced Members" or even "Valued Members" and are the same ones giving advice .... :shock: :roll: