congrats!!!!

You have officially been nominated for the HERB OF THE MONTH award

By ideenlos Mon May 16, 2005 6:55 pm
jaem wrote:drumatic.......

congrats!!!!

You have officially been nominated for the HERB OF THE MONTH award

:!:

By elmacaco Mon May 16, 2005 7:00 pm
Yeah, he's gettin paid, he rocks an XL, although he should have stuck with the SP-1200 strictly cuz his XL stuff sounds like everybody else, and he rocks the SP like no other.

Me and Drumatic know what time it is, 12 bit is the shyt all you 16 bit cats are gonna be the middle child cuz fidelity is now the realm of 24 bit and grit and grunge is the 12 bit arena, so what do you guys have but CD quality!!

LET THE BIT WARS BEGIN!!!!!!

By binger0 Mon May 16, 2005 7:09 pm
:roll: **** i use 24 bit and my shit still is grimy like piss in an nyc alley

By goldenechos Mon May 16, 2005 7:25 pm
WHO THE **** CARES.

MPC 60 actually samples at 16bits! Only compresses samples to 12bits (for storage and rcall) to conserve memory (which was VERY expensive when the MPC60 was designed and produced).

OH No, what are going to do? Your MPC samples at 16bit! It is USELESS now that we no this! Sell it NOW.

T

By elmacaco Mon May 16, 2005 7:28 pm
But the samples that are played back are at 12 bit.

My emax samples at 12 but stores at 8, you're point is????

the Bit WARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sampling 24 bit? You hard drive eatin mofo!!!

(can't you tell, I'm being ignant!)

By djdynasty Mon May 16, 2005 8:15 pm
I read in REMiX magazine that Pete Rock now uses both the SP1200 & the MPC 2Kxl synced together. Sounds like the best of both worlds. 8)
By Philly Stress Mon May 16, 2005 8:35 pm
elmacaco wrote:Yeah, he's gettin paid, he rocks an XL, although he should have stuck with the SP-1200 strictly cuz his XL stuff sounds like everybody else, and he rocks the SP like no other.

Me and Drumatic know what time it is, 12 bit is the shyt all you 16 bit cats are gonna be the middle child cuz fidelity is now the realm of 24 bit and grit and grunge is the 12 bit arena, so what do you guys have but CD quality!!

LET THE BIT WARS BEGIN!!!!!!

They Say I'm Caught in a Time Warp......
Listen, Petes still 1 of the Better Producer his 2000xl. What's Wrong With
Yaw!

By drumat!c Mon May 16, 2005 10:22 pm
Thanks for backin' me on that ELMA- 12-bit grit---

yooooo you ain't getting grimey shit with 24-bit samples. you must have a devoted hearing impairment. maybe you fail to understand the complexity of bit rates and shit......all you cock bags that support sell outs please don't even comment. For starters your ass is lame for making such a fukkin gay comment - i can talk all the shit i want cus I know Pete Rock is not comfortable with that cheesy ass 2000xl rehash. He is a 12-bit man at heart and I know a sell-out when I see one. Shit this whole country is run by sell-outs.....Pop Goes The Weasel.

Ya wanna bring on the bit-wars???????? "Bring it on if you think you can hang and if not then let me do my thang...."

DRUMZ

By Boogie Man Mon May 16, 2005 10:27 pm
drumat!c wrote:Thanks for backin' me on that ELMA- 12-bit grit---

yooooo you ain't getting grimey **** with 24-bit samples. you must have a devoted hearing impairment. maybe you fail to understand the complexity of bit rates and ****......all you cock bags that support sell outs please don't even comment. For starters your ass is lame for making such a fukkin gay comment - i can talk all the **** i want cus I know Pete Rock is not comfortable with that cheesy ass 2000xl rehash. He is a 12-bit man at heart and I know a sell-out when I see one. **** this whole country is run by sell-outs.....Pop Goes The Weasel.

Ya wanna bring on the bit-wars???????? "Bring it on if you think you can hang and if not then let me do my thang...."

DRUMZ

regarding your sig....the 90s are
<<<<<<<<<that way....behind, the past, history, a different era...same as the 80s are behind the 90s and the 70s are behind the 80s...just let it be...if you ain't feeling what so and so is doing, don't listen...simple as that.....Hiphop will continue on without you...

By FLUENT Mon May 16, 2005 10:59 pm
ive used fruity loops and my shit is grimier then a crackheads a$$hole :shock: . for real ive compared the 2. i compress shit so bad it makes your 12 bit sound like you made it with playstation music generator

grimey aint sp1200 drums, its when ya loops are so raw you can barely HEAR drums

hollar

:twisted:

By Something Like That Tue May 17, 2005 12:10 am
Callin Pete a sell out is taking things a bit far. I'm sure he had some reason for switchin to the 2000xl, especially since he's been rockin it for a while now. His beats are still pretty hot. 2000xl's are fast and got a lot of tricks, but I'm not holdin a bias towards any MP. I love 12 bit sound too, I have a maxed 60II, a 3000, a Roland W-30 and a S950. 3 of these are 12 bit and one 16. I can't really tell the difference, except for in the drums...