Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By presto Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:40 pm
i have been working on a mpc 60 for 9 years now, and thought it was time to take a step further with the 3000

i got the manual, but for some reason i cant find anything about assigning my effects output to one or two of the 8 outs... is this possible?

and can i still downsample things for that more gritty sound?

By thegreatmuffin Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:59 pm
Yo first of all, congratulations with it. As far as I know you can only use the delay on the stereo outs.
By presto Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:30 am
yeah i love it already, banged out 4 beats this weekend... as for the reverb, to the stereo outs only... you're right, you cant put them on individual outs.. but its actually good, since i now can send everthing to the seperate outs+use the stereo outs for sounds with reverb only... so basically i just use them as extra seperate outs, gaining 2 outs...

the vga monitor i got with it is quite nice too! i thought i'd have to adjust from not looking at the small screen but to the monitor instead... but it actually feels quite natural... as if you were behind a pc....

By thegreatmuffin Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:31 am
Heya Presto, there is no reverb in the mpc if I am correct, but if I am doing something wrong, tell me. I thought I would only have a delay as effect.

And about the monitor thing. Just use the display you like most. I never turn that thing on because it will only show you exact the same info. So if you need to force yourself not to look at the display on the mpc, then forget the monitor ;)
By presto Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:33 am
nah i have no problem with looking at the monitor lol!

and of course i meant the delay instead of the reverb...

?

By bboutit Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:36 pm
Where did you pick it up? What was the cost?