Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Byalex Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:50 pm
Yeah, sorry for posting this year as opposed to another section of the messageboard.

I just got a used mpd16 with the operator's manual, but i have yet to figure out the ability to load my own samples because loading requires the file to have an .mpd extension, and i have a feeling that even the load function isn't for loading specific pads, but for loading an entire preset file of somesort.

I'm using it along with Cakewalk.

If there's a good mpd16 tutorial online I'd very much appreciate it if you'd let me know, as I haven't ran into any as of now.

thanks.

By mpc3000 Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:21 am
The .mpd pretty much only stores pad to note number settings.

It is only small midi controller. No samples, no sounds. It only sends midi note data.

Byalex Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:51 am
maybe i didn't ask the question clearly enough. maybe i'm asking in the wrong place because after thinking about it i think my probelm has more to do with cakewalk than it does with the pad itself.

i'm trying to load a sound on cakewalk and get it to work on the piano roll, because i believe that once i do that i'll be able to control it through the mpd, but so far i haven't had any success in doing this.

as far as you know, is the mpd capable of playing more than one sound (a kick and a snare for instance) at the same time, so that it has the ability to be recorded straight from the computer?

thanksagain.

By mpc3000 Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:23 pm
"load a sound on cakewalk and get it to work on the piano roll, "

Until you get this to work, the MPD will not help you. Niether will .mpd files. Actually you will NOT get this to work. Cakewalk is not a sampler. You could have CW trigger GM sounds in your soundcard, but it still needs to trigger some other device that has sounds.

By mpc3000 Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:24 pm
"load a sound on cakewalk and get it to work on the piano roll, "

Until you get this to work, the MPD will not help you. Niether will .mpd files. Actually you will NOT get this to work. Cakewalk is not a sampler. You could have CW trigger GM sounds in your soundcard, but it still needs to trigger some other device that has sounds.