Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Byshaw one Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:53 am
about using the mpc editor in xp you said...

One other thing to try is to use something like Connectrix and run a virtual session of Win9x inside a window in XP. I know several that do this

i installed virtual pc and i am running win98, but i cant get the virtual pc to read my floppy drive. there is something about capturing a floppy image on the virtual pc's menu but that does not seem to work either. i was hoping you would know how to get this to work since you know of people who do it. any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks

By mpc3000 Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:51 pm
When it comes to XP, MPCs and floppies, no extra software is needed. Xp has no problems using the correct floppies (DD, not HD).

By UNSYSTEMATIC Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:18 pm
I run XP on my newer computer and it will not format my 750k DD disk. It gives no such option either.

Byshaw one Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:36 pm
ive been loading programs and snd. files on to dd disk through editor on xp after formatting on the 60, but the mpc says the files are corrupted. it worked the first time, but now when i try loading disks made in editor, it still reads the program and sample names, but somehow the samples are ****.

By UNSYSTEMATIC Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:20 pm
dumb question..but are you converting the MPC 3000 snd files to 12 bit?

By mpc3000 Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:38 am
"but are you converting the MPC 3000 snd files to 12 bit"

Not necessary. I beieive that is mentioned in the docs.

By elmacaco Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:19 am
I can vouch for that, I just loaded a kit in 3000 format 16 bit and all.

3000- does he have the latest editor with the 60 fixes?

Some general tips,

The samples on disk from the editor will take up more space than the samples after the 60 converts them to it's format. Also the 3000 ones take a while to load. Load up your program then format/erase your disks and resave the program in 60 format.

What I do to get full sample time is load about 1500k of souns into the editor, export, then load into the 60, then make another program with just the other sounds in the editor, insert the disk in to the mpc and load the individual samples and asign them to the program. then save it all and you're ready to hook up dem beats.