Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Bywizz1 Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:33 am
I have a mint mpc60II that i would trade for an 2000 or 3000. It comes with a host of phatt hip hop disks samples. I just want to change up thats all. I dont have the money to buy one right now.

wizz1
[email protected]
[email protected]
Last edited by wizz1 on Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By mpc3000 Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 am
Do you have the OS and SCSI updates? It would be pretty hard for someone to give up their newer model for the older without them.

By Lampdog Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:05 pm
You gotta be out of your mind. You don't have anything else that is of more value than the 60ii? I hope you can eventually get what you crave but you are going to have a hard time with this one for sure. Godspeed on this for real.

By schedge ii Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:17 pm
sell your 60II on ebay. you could get enough to buy a used 2000xl. if you want a 3000 though, ion't know man.

Bywizz1 Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:16 pm
Well to show how much you all think you know I have 3 people that are willing to trade with me. You know sometime you can think a little too technical about things. You all need to read some of the older posts. Maybe some guys just like the older grungy sound or like the user friendlyness of the 60 instead of the 2000. I just thought I would put it out there... I saw some posts of some guys that wanted a 60 FOR THEIR 2000XL. So i'm seeing whats really up. You know people sometimes do things that know one really understands. If they didn't then what kind of world would we be, so don't hate on my post tryin to mess up my groove. Keep them hater as comments to yo self.

By Lampdog Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:33 pm
No hater comments, I just said good luck cause 60 to 2k is going forward while 2k to 60 is going backward. You should know that already. So if it happens you are coming up on some good gear. As for the other person, he might just for some reason think the 60 is better than his 2k. It's not, the specs in each manual speak for themselves. I'm not hatin, it's a fact.
MPC60 came out late 80's.

Bywizz1 Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:53 am
Duuuaa! I think everyone knows that and the facts. Thanx for the education, you must have gotten your degree from UMPC...........Man! I've got to apply that school! Quick send me an application!

Just playin man......

thanx for your post

By Lampdog Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:35 pm
U killed my brother, I will exact my revenge. haha

Got any buyers yet?

By schedge ii Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:32 pm
whateva man! I wan't trying to hate at all! I originally had a 2000XL. Later, I really wanted to get a 60. Noone understood why, they were like man, get an s950 or do this do that, it's stupid to have both. I was just like, yo, I want both, it's my dough I want both machines. I don't always want to mess with a 2000xl or a 60, sometimes I might do some beats with something else. I finally got a 60, and I f*ckin' love it!!!
Point being, I was just tryin to give you some ideas if the whole trading didn't work out. do what you want