Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By DOVESKI Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:06 pm
First of all I'm lovin it, dope machine, Im using OS 3.11. Now the qusetions....

1. Should I format my DD diskettes with my PC running Windows 98SE or on the MPC60 & will information be damaged though the swapping?

2. I cant get my MPC to listen to Pro Tools, does the 60 receive midi machine control?

thanks!

By UNSYSTEMATIC Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:55 pm
I couldn't tell you which one is better, but I format my DD disk on Win 98. I designate one or two diskettes for file swapping back and forth from my MPC Editor using Wind 98 and my 60. I then saved the drum kit onto a fresh disk. It loads up quicker than reading the MPC 3000 format program from the Editor. This was mentioned by someone earlier in this forum.

By elmacaco Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:56 am
That was me. It also allows you to save more sounds on one disk, since 3000 format takes up more space than 60. you can load programs that read 1800kb or so into the 60, since they are converted before saved to memory. I have also had Editor pgm's that take up 2 disks end up on one disk.

The conversion from 3000 format takes a long aiss time. One time my friend made a song on my 60 (he had one a while ago) and we were erasing some 3000 sound files from the disk to save, and homie hit load instead of erase on the only loop I've ever loaded. at 700kb, this shit took so long to load. We were trying to rush to the indian food spot before it closed, we missed it.

I always format on the MPC, I think you get more KB (like 780 rather than 720) but I haven't formatted my disks in the pc for a while. I also run 98SE and have no problems.

By DOVESKI Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:24 am
I formatted a disk in the MPC60, saved a pgm through the MPC Editor under the 3000 format, 12 bit, and it still took hella long to load, were talking like 10 minutes for 3 800kb mono samples. I then formatted a disk in 98se, loaded the same pgm....same deal, takes real long to load.

Anybody on the 60 receiving MMC from Pro Tools. Thanks.

By elmacaco Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:40 am
I mean SND format, not disk formatting.

By DOVESKI Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:06 pm
So theres is no quicker way of loading sounds from the computer, how bout Awave, I dont really care for laying out my whole programs on the comp so thats not a problem.

By UNSYSTEMATIC Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:10 pm
I figured you mentioned loading the snd from the 60 than the 3000 format elmacaco. I forgot how to spell your name and didn't want to f*ck it up.

By DOVESKI Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:19 am
Just thought Id let it be known for other 60 users, the disk i was gonna use as my transfer disk which was formatted on the 60 failed working on the PC after one try, my PC now asks me to format the disk.

ByConstruct Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:34 am
For ProTools i use MTC, the MP will do that. For machjine control, go to Tempo/sync then soft key 1 and make sure sync is on. Then make sure the midi in is on the number you have midi plugged into. Werks for me.

Construct

By DOVESKI Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:13 pm
God bless you, thanks Construct.