Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Byfeelthedrums Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:11 pm
Hello, I'm new to this site. There is useful info here.
Question.
Downloaded the MPC PGM Maker. Once I have set up my programs etc.
How do I save it?
I tried saving to a mac formatted floppy. It saved but when I tried to load it on the mpc 3000 it does not read it.
If I use a mpc formatted floopy , I will get a message on my mac saying"this disk is unreadable by this computer"
Any thoughts?

By The-Shadow Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:05 pm
can the software be used to make programs for a 4000?

Do you have a link or website? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Peace.

By homershines Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:17 pm
Let's see. I don't think the program will craete MPC4000 programs. But, it will create 2000 programs and the MPC4000 can read them.

Save the programs and sounds to your hard drive first. Then take them all out of the folder and save them onto a DOS/PC or MPC formatted floppy disk or Zip disk. Don't keep them in the folder. The MPC will not see them inside of the folder. Use a DOS/PC floppy if your Mac won't read the MPC's disks.

Are you using the OSX version of the software? I finally loaded up mine. I've been using the OS9 version for months now. It's the bomb. I just transfered 3 Zip disks worth of MPC programs and sounds with it. It's a life saver. The OSX version is a little different, but I need to mess with it some more.

Here's the site:

http://homepage.mac.com/seishu/s's_work ... Maker.html

Good luck.

homershines

for phat drum sounds & samples
contact me at [email protected]-o-m

Byfeelthedrums Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:40 pm
I will try that .
I am using the classic version. Dude my mac is way old. I think that is
the problem. 7300/180 with a g3 chip inside. (Made many records with this computer though..solid!)
What do you mean by DOS/PC floppy if your Mac won't read the MPC's disks.
If I put anything but a mac formatted disc in the drive the mac will spit it back out.
Thanks,
Matt :oops:

By homershines Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:45 pm
Your Mac ain't that old yet my man. You're in OS8 or OS9 right? You will need PC Exchange to access that PC/DOS MPC disk. That's your major problem. The computer needs software to read it. It used to come free with all Mac OS software.

Try this in the meantime. Stick in a floppy to format. Which format possiblities does it offer? If you don't get a DOS opportunity then you will need PC Exchange or one of those older format converters. If you don't have iot go to www.versiontracker.com for some older software to help you.

Peace.

homershines

Byfeelthedrums Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:49 pm
OS8..
I don't get a dos opportunity..
I will check the link.
Thanks 4 the help.
:D

By homershines Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:01 pm
Also check out Dos Mounter and the DATAVIZ company. I would also suggest upgrading to OS8.6 if you can. I think you can get that stuff free. If you need any help contact me.

Peace.

homershines

Byfeelthedrums Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:20 pm
Good news,
Found the PC exchange in my extensions folder (was disabled) I enabled it
and all is fine.
Everything works now! Mac to Mpc 3000 no problem..
Thanks for the knowledge.
MAtt :)