Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
ByPete Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:56 am
got os 3 and lots of beats/sequences - all in 4 bars 'tho - basic. how do make 'em into a song with variations et all ? Copy bars ? I've tried song mode with different sequences but it endz up one long song with no variation.
Plus - which is best : hooking mpc 60 to cubase, prologic or acid ? Have
computer with windows XP. Tried with cubase vst, midi-cables hooked, no sound.. Must say I pretty much like the way I work now : make beat on mpc, record "live" in soundforge, lace with rhyme in acid.. But I feel like maybe I should start using midi, connect with cubase-XP etc ?, eventho all deez possibilities and technicalities kinda scare me : I ain't no engineer, just a creator.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/72soulmusic.htm

Peace

By DOVESKI Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:03 pm
1st of all, if you like the way your stuff is sounding, recording live & laying down the vocals, its all good. Getting all midi crazy aint gonna change nothing. For hip hop its not really needed, I only use the MMC to get my ProTools to tell the MPC to play so I can record 4 bars, thats about it.

As far as variatiaon, what I do is record every track on one sequence, then I copy the sequence 4 to 6 times, and on each sequence I unmute or mute tracks so when I arrange it down in song mode youll hear switch ups. Its pretty simple.

ByPete Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:34 pm
Yea, 4 variation I did the "copy sequence + unmute or mute tracks " thing before too, but: when arranged in song mode I didn't get no switch ups.. Anyway I'll give it another go,
thx for settin' my head straight about the midi-craze.