Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By 7 1 4 Beats Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:48 pm
firework wrote:Too much "hard to find" "Maybe" "Should" "I think" "It will" "Not all of them" etc etc etc for me to deal with, Ima just use the zip drive and call it a dy.

Seriously
By Arks Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:29 pm
7 1 4 Beats wrote:
firework wrote:Too much "hard to find" "Maybe" "Should" "I think" "It will" "Not all of them" etc etc etc for me to deal with, Ima just use the zip drive and call it a dy.

Seriously

If you'd ever experienced when a zip drive "calls it a day" you wouldn't say this believe me.

By Arks Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:43 am
Yeah click of death is messed up, I've also lost a lot of beats when I "backed up" my MPC zips onto my computer.. oops.

By da23ad Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:23 pm
Can anyone , maybe teletran, explains how to connect the power cords ... the picture aint clear enuff....

On one hand we have the SCSI driver cords :
1-yellow
2-black
3-black
4-red

and on the other hand the floppy cords :
1-red
2-white
3-red and white
4-sky blue and white

which ones must be connected to which ones please ??

thanks in advance :wink:

By zeusmajor Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:22 am
Teletran1 wrote:since the connection to the main board only takes the floppy connection you have to splice the wires of the cf drive's power and the floppy wire.

Here is another, much older thread regarding the power supply: http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=30718.

By Teletran1 Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:15 am
Teletran1 wrote:Image

I honestly kind of guesstimated on this part but thank god it all came out perfect.

I connected the all red wire from the 2.5'' drive connected to the all red wire from the MPC board. Then the yellow to the white/baby blue one and for the two black wires; since I already knew which ones connected to red and yellow; I just lined up the wires and connected the black ones to the red/white, black/white respectively. It all worked 100%.

By zeusmajor Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:03 am
:D
Last edited by zeusmajor on Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

By da23ad Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:48 pm
ok thanks teletran1 .... will try that ... will keep yall posted... it might takes a bit of time as am currently refreshing the MP .....

upgrading the OS from 3.11 to 3.12
ordering a custome skin
changing the screen panel
changing the back light
changing all the knobs and buttons
painting the side parts and armrest
and of course adding the card reader

This MPC should be nice in a month... :lol:

By 7 1 4 Beats Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:54 pm
da23ad wrote:ok thanks teletran1 .... will try that ... will keep yall posted... it might takes a bit of time as am currently refreshing the MP .....

upgrading the OS from 3.11 to 3.12
ordering a custome skin
changing the screen panel
changing the back light
changing all the knobs and buttons
painting the side parts and armrest
and of course adding the card reader

This MPC should be nice in a month... :lol:

What the hell is OS 3.12? There is no such thing.

By mpc3000le Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 am
7 1 4 Beats wrote:What the hell is OS 3.12? There is no such thing.

Really ?

OS 3.12 for the MPC3000 was a Roger Linn Design "after market" release for the MPC3000.

OS 3.12 allowed loading of programs/sounds that were created via an MPC60 V3.XX and spanned multiple floppy disks.

OS 3.12 can still be downloaded from the Roger Linn Design web site.

OS 3.12 was never intended to be distributed in ROM.

Having said that though, I "rommed OS 3.12" many years ago.

The ROM binaries in this regard are still in the files area of yahoo groups MPC3000 forum. ( for those people who want to experiment with ROM burning )

A point to note about all of this.

My free to use as a floppy boot version 3.16 contains the features/fixes of 3.12. ( minus some errors that 3.12 introduced )

Rohan.

By da23ad Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:40 pm
mpc3000le wrote:
7 1 4 Beats wrote:My free to use as a floppy boot version 3.16 contains the features/fixes of 3.12. ( minus some errors that 3.12 introduced )

Rohan.

ummm .... what kinda errors please ???
damn I may get back to my 3.11 ROM then ! lol

By mpc3000le Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:22 am
da23ad wrote:
mpc3000le wrote:My free to use as a floppy boot version 3.16 contains the features/fixes of 3.12. ( minus some errors that 3.12 introduced )

Rohan.

ummm .... what kinda errors please ???
damn I may get back to my 3.11 ROM then ! lol

Errors introduced by version 3.12 relate to incorrect "error messages" being reported during certain file load scenarios.

Messages that could guide the unwary user in an unwanted direction.

Information about previous errors ?

RTD included with the OS 3.16 floppy download:

http://www.mansell-labs.com/downloads/m3k316.rar

Or if you're going straight to 3.50 just read the main products page at www.mansell-labs.com

Rohan.
By firework Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:19 am
I saw your pics and Rohan said installing a internal zip is similar to installing a internal card reader which you have done. I saw the pics and you mention that we can get to you if we need help.

I have :

1 - Internal Iomega Zip drive
2 - Ribbon
3 - Internal / External adapter
4 - Gender changer
5 - Power supply cord

can you please help. I have changed the LCD Backlight, but no clue on this drive.

Please need help, no one else wants to explain it.