Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs

By soopa Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:02 am
thats sexy

do you think it can be done in a 60 / 60II ?

By soopa Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:11 pm
soopa wrote:thats sexy

do you think it can be done in a 60 / 60II ?

up

By Deta!L Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:13 pm
of course it can doola

By -ORGNL- Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:56 am
So this can read zip disk and reg 3.5 diskettes??

By SimonInAustralia Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:47 am
Nope, only different types of memory cards.

You could still connect an external zip drive for reading zips.

If you still wanted to read floppies you would have to connect an external card reader and/or zip drive to the MPC, leaving the internal floppy drive intact.

Or, if you were extra keen, you could hack a new hole into the front of the MPC3000 chassis to mount an internal card reader or internal zip drive next to the existing floppy drive, but you might need to look at whether the MPC power supply can handle the extra power requirements.

By deck daddy Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:09 am
Is there anybody who has good working external card readers? If so whats the brand/model? And I guess with theese externals you just connect them to the external SCSI connector and use them with external power supply?

I want a card reader, but also love my floppydrive for some stupid reason.

And then I wouldnt have to open the MP and do stuff I can nothing about...

By mpc3000le Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:49 pm
deck daddy wrote:Is there anybody who has good working external card readers? If so whats the brand/model? And I guess with theese externals you just connect them to the external SCSI connector and use them with external power supply?...

Yes ...... yes and, yes.

Go back to the beginning of this very thread.

The internal drives people are using started life mounted in external cases.

With MPC3000 OS 3.11 - OS 3.16:
MICROTECH/SCM/INTERMART PCD25 ( PCD15 ALSO ).

If using the Vailixi 3.50 OS then other models like:
Spyrus RD300 with latest firmware, MICROTECH PCD47B with latest firmware ...... probably a few others too.

deck daddy wrote:I want a card reader, but also love my floppydrive for some stupid reason.?...

Card readers are cool.
There is no stupid reason for keeping the floppy.
Floppy drives although ancient are a known quantity.
Every now and then, they have their uses.

deck daddy wrote:And then I wouldnt have to open the MP and do stuff I can nothing about...

Another good reason to get an external drive.

Rohan.

By deck daddy Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:08 pm
Thanks!

By jbplaya Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:48 pm
So PCD 47b definitely works with Vallixi 3.50 with absolutely no problems whatsoever???

By mpc3000le Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:09 am
jbplaya wrote:So PCD 47b definitely works with Vallixi 3.50 with absolutely no problems whatsoever???

I'll put some confirmation stuff, pictorial, video up of this on some time soon.

Rohan

By da23ad Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:00 pm
mpc3000le wrote:
jbplaya wrote:So PCD 47b definitely works with Vallixi 3.50 with absolutely no problems whatsoever???

I'll put some confirmation stuff, pictorial, video up of this on some time soon.

Rohan

So does the 47B work or not ? :roll:

By ADPRODUCTIONS Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:20 pm
mpc3000le wrote:
deck daddy wrote:Is there anybody who has good working external card readers? If so whats the brand/model? And I guess with theese externals you just connect them to the external SCSI connector and use them with external power supply?...[/
quote]
Yes ...... yes and, yes.

Go back to the beginning of this very thread.

The internal drives people are using started life mounted in external cases.

With MPC3000 OS 3.11 - OS 3.16:
MICROTECH/SCM/INTERMART PCD25 ( PCD15 ALSO ).

mpc3000le wrote:[If using the Vailixi 3.50 OS then other models like:
Spyrus RD300 with latest firmware, MICROTECH PCD47B with latest firmware ...... probably a few others too.

SO IF YOUR USING THE 3.50,YOUR SAYING THAT YOU CAN USE THE PCD25 ALONG WITH THOSE OTHERS U MENTIONED OR JUST THOSE OTHER ONES

//

By firework Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:13 pm
Too much "hard to find" "Maybe" "Should" "I think" "It will" "Not all of them" etc etc etc for me to deal with, Ima just use the zip drive and call it a dy.