Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Fasure Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:46 pm
ITS GOT A VERY EALRY O.S, IT DOES NOT EVEN RECOGNIZE THE CD DRIVE, HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DOWN THE LATEST O.S
By eno deggur Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:17 am
Totally forgot to post my MPC 3000 so here it is and it will be almost two or three years of earning this beast !

By Dustyfinga1.0 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 pm
By Clint Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:24 pm
Hey dusty, that MPC3000 deserves to be centre of attention.

Those Yamaha monitors look a bit small for the room, what size are they?
By Dustyfinga1.0 Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:47 pm
Clint wrote:Hey dusty, that MPC3000 deserves to be centre of attention.

Those Yamaha monitors look a bit small for the room, what size are they?

Well Clint, I have the HS50M's which I'm not too sure if they are undersized for a 15 X 15ft space?? I've had them for years and seem to do the job along with the sub. Now I must say that my 3000 / S900 are my go to when I have a solid idea on what direction to take a beat or a sample. This might get moved to another section, but for just "sketching" out ideas I prefer to use my 2KXL for sake of simplicity and ease of use. (I learned on a 2K) PLUS my 3000 is so perfect I hate to put unnecessary use on it. Is this crazy? :oops:
By Clint Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:26 pm
Dustyfinga1.0 wrote: my 3000 is so perfect I hate to put unnecessary use on it. Is this crazy?

Not crazy, but...

Of all the MPC's to date, the 60 and 3000 were built to last. High end professional gear for major artists and top studios only, pretty much. In the 90's these things were beyond the reach of most people, but now you can pick these up for way less than a grand.

The parts that take the heaviest use over time are the pads, pad sensors, buttons and tact switches, screen backlight and floppy drive. All quite easy to replace if needed.

If you're lucky enough to have an MPC3000, give it pride of place in your studio. Use it, and appreciate the reality of possessing the perfect tool for drum programming and sample-based productions.

Dustyfinga1.0 wrote:I have the HS50M's which I'm not too sure if they are undersized for a 15 X 15ft space?? I've had them for years and seem to do the job along with the sub.

Decent monitors, for some reason they look real tiny in your pic. But you have the sub, so if it sounds good to you it's all good!

IMHO the MPC3000 should be next to turntable, and above the vinyl, that'll inspire you... :wink:
By Dustyfinga1.0 Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:00 pm
HaHa. Funny you mention the placement of my 3000...It actually does spend a good chunk of time next to the decks when needed. When I snapped this picture I had just hosted a dance party using Serato, hence the MacBook next to the decks. Now just curious... Don't most of you all sit on your ass like me when getting down? After years of moving stuff around and tinkering with the ergonomics of my studio, I've come to find out that my workflow is best with my S900 at eye level, keys slightly lower than my chest and my 3000 down low. I guess I don't need the S900 at eye level anymore thanks to MisterWhite. :smoker:
By THE ADVERSARY Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:18 am
Clint wrote: In the 90's these things were beyond the reach of most people,

I guess there were different sets of 90's? :hmmm:
People would be surprised at how many people were actually buying real gear back then.
By DJ Slip Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:07 am
Here's a picture of me with mine. I was the first one to ever customize an MPC. I never bothered to get mine silk screened as it didn't exist when I did it.

By kneebone77 Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 am
DJ Slip wrote:Here's a picture of me with mine. I was the first one to ever customize an MPC. I never bothered to get mine silk screened as it didn't exist when I did it.

People where customizing MPC's B4 Cadillac was making trucks.
By DJ Slip Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 am
I got mine in 94 after "We come strapped" and used it for the album remixes before there was a SMPTE option on it. This one is one of the first 100 or so units to be sold in the states. No reason for me to lie about it.
By v00d00ppl Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:37 am
DJ Slip wrote:I got mine in 94 after "We come strapped" and used it for the album remixes before there was a SMPTE option on it. This one is one of the first 100 or so units to be sold in the states. No reason for me to lie about it.

Did you have to preorder yours when it first came out? What store did you get it from? What was the stock ram / options available with it?
By DJ Supreme Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 pm
DJ Slip wrote:Here's a picture of me with mine. I was the first one to ever customize an MPC. I never bothered to get mine silk screened as it didn't exist when I did it.

Yoooo is this for real!?!?! Is this The Legendary Producer Dj slip from
Comptons Most Wanted?!?! What up homie. Thanks you for so many classics
Growing up in the 90's!!! Along with Dj unknown, Dj Mike T and the team
That was under MC Eiht up to the we come strapped album!!!
Last edited by DJ Supreme on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Clint Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 pm
Looks like a dude not to be messed wit'.