Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By DJ Slip Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:07 am
I had to drop serious $$$ on it for the pre order. The store was only going to get 2 of them, and I wanted to be one of the first. I forgot who go the other one , maybe one of the cats from Tony, Tone, Toni.

It didn't come with SMPTE so I had to use my 60 for the sync. Here's the first track I used it on:

http://s27.postimg.org/ntv9ge3tv/Gold_MPC_2.jpg

After I had it gold plated, I had David at VST re-tap the lid. A few people including guys who knew Forat saw it there and started doing there own MPC's.

Just for fun here's the original floppys for going out like Gee'z and Spice-1 tha Murda Show.
By DJ Slip Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:19 am
DJ Supreme wrote:
DJ Slip wrote:Here's a picture of me with mine. I was the first one to ever customize an MPC. I never bothered to get mine silk screened as it didn't exist when I did it.

Yoooo is this for real!?!?! Is this The Legendary Producer Dj slip from
Comptons Most Wanted?!?! What up homie. Thanks you for so many classics
Growing up in the 90's!!! Along with Dj unknown, Dj Mike T and the team
That was under MC Eiht up to the we come strapped album!!!

Don't know about legendary, but yeah it's me. The thing would be if I could convince Unknown to actually post in here. That would be "Legendary". Fingers crossed.
By Lampdog Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:32 am
Hold tha **** up, for realz?!?!

I grew up on CMW, STILL got the blue cassette right (all the rest too) here in my lab.....

Legendary is CORRECT!

DJ Supreme wrote:Thank you for so many classics
Growing up in the 90's!!! Along with Dj unknown, Dj Mike T and the team
That was under MC Eiht up to the we come strapped album!!!
By DJ Supreme Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:37 pm
Slip I need nerdy technical answers! What were u guys using
For all the basslines on the whole we come strapped album???
It's the same exact sounding instrument on every song but played
Differently and sounded dope. You even used it in that clip
Of the remix video u posted. Let us know please!!!
By DJ Slip Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:11 am
Crazy ish, Saw Lonzo and Unknown at DJ DUI's house yesterday. Chopping it up about the NWA movie. Lonzo is writing a tell all book. LOL

We are supposed to hook up next weekend. I hadn't seen these cats in years.
By jibber Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 am
Wow! Really cool of you to share this stuff. I bump Mc Eight from time to time... now i can say the guy who did the beat is a member on this forum... we're famous now... lol! Just kidding... :mrgreen:

Very legendary stuff indeed.
By Serattic Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 pm
Damn sick! lookin at the liner notes for Music to Driveby, you did a lot of the gems on there! I think I see you in the picture too?
By master-ceo Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:44 am
DJ Slip wrote:
Just for fun here's the original floppys for going out like Gee'z and Spice-1 tha Murda Show.

Oh damn! Much Respect. Big Spice 1 and MC Eiht fan. Glad to know those 2 classics were made with the MP. Them joints knock. :nod:
By DJ Supreme Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:59 pm
:nod:
Murda show was my favorite song on that TAPE!

lol. Yup cassette tape. I probably rewinded back to that song at
Least 500 times in those days. Lol
By DJ Slip Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 pm
Glad to share. On a side note, Steve Yano who was the guy we all bough records from, and the one that helped break a lot of LA area acts passed away recently. He was the guy with all the latest records at the Rodeo swap meet in Torrance. Great guy, RIP. All of the old school LA Dj's got the latest joints from Steve.

http://www.beatjunkies.com/tag/steve-yano/
By Clint Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:56 pm
Thanks for sharing mayne, good to hear from successful producers around here. Inspires a lot of cats hoping to get put on one day.
By master-ceo Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:44 pm
Ditto Clint.

R.I.P and much respect to all the folks that are no longer here that helped move hip hop forward from behind the scenes. :worthy: