Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By mjofrap Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:30 pm
I have a big problem i just brought another keyboard, but it is not recording into the mpc -60 when i hookit up threw the motif midi thru. But when it directly goes in to the mpc 60 it records. But the problem with this is there is not three midi ins. How can i setup it up where i can use all three keyboards, do i need to buy some midi expander or what can it be done, i do not want any keyboard controling one another.

This is my setup
I have the motif midi in and out going directly into mpc-60 midi in and out 1 jacks than i have my triton midi in and out going into the mpc midi in out 2 jacks than i have my mz-2000 midi out going into my motif midi thru what is wrong

when i do this the mz 2000 send know notes to the mpc-60

By Thomas Ivory Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:32 pm
^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah I would like to know how to do this as well.

I have a similar setup
MPC 3000
Motif
Protues 2000

How do you save your beats
By coles_brandon Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 am
mjofrap wrote:I have a big problem i just brought another keyboard, but it is not recording into the mpc -60 when i hookit up threw the motif midi thru. But when it directly goes in to the mpc 60 it records. But the problem with this is there is not three midi ins. How can i setup it up where i can use all three keyboards, do i need to buy some midi expander or what can it be done, i do not want any keyboard controling one another.

This is my setup
I have the motif midi in and out going directly into mpc-60 midi in and out 1 jacks than i have my triton midi in and out going into the mpc midi in out 2 jacks than i have my mz-2000 midi out going into my motif midi thru what is wrong

MPC 60-----OUT-----into ALL YOUR KEYBOARDS IN.

Make sure that your keyboards are set to SLAVE (turn off local control) and MPC as master!!!!! Remember the Motif has a sequencer so set it to slave.

MIDI THRU of one on the keyboards connected to the MPC---------------Into the MIDI IN of the last keyboard. Assign the MIDI THRU keyboard a midi track on the MPC and it should work.
By mjofrap Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 pm
coles_brandon wrote:
mjofrap wrote:I have a big problem i just brought another keyboard, but it is not recording into the mpc -60 when i hookit up threw the motif midi thru. But when it directly goes in to the mpc 60 it records. But the problem with this is there is not three midi ins. How can i setup it up where i can use all three keyboards, do i need to buy some midi expander or what can it be done, i do not want any keyboard controling one another.

This is my setup

Make sure that your keyboards are set to SLAVE (turn off local control) and MPC as master!!!!! Remember the Motif has a sequencer so set it to slave.

MIDI THRU of one on the keyboards connected to the MPC---------------Into the MIDI IN of the last keyboard. Assign the MIDI THRU keyboard a midi track on the MPC and it should work.

Can you give me a lititle more detail i f had it linked now cant seem to get it back

By `TK Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:54 pm
i just hooked my midi to my 3k (from 25k)
it dosnt work.. ?

By Thomas Ivory Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:28 am
I just hooked up my 3 keyboards all to the midi outs of the mpc and then out of the motif I put the thru to the mpc midi in 1

Should I be able to then switch midi tracks on the MPC.

So for instance

midi out a---motif
midi out b---Protues 2000
midi out c---Juno

So if I put on track 1 one the mpc

1B I should then be able to play a midi track with the Motif but it will use sounds from the prouess 2000 because that was the midi I selected on the track?

Does that make sense? or...
By djpopcorn Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:04 am
coles_brandon wrote:

MIDI THRU of one on the keyboards connected to the MPC---------------Into the MIDI IN of the last keyboard. Assign the MIDI THRU keyboard a midi track on the MPC and it should work..

Hmmm.

But if all three keyboards INS are connected to the MPC60 OUTS, how do you supposed to go from a midithru into a midi in on the keyboard if it's connected to the MPC out??