Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By drumat!c Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:46 pm
I have some important questions to ask any of you veterans of this particular piece of equipment.

Using MPC-60 mk2
OS is 2.12 and I can't figure out why, but I have a SCSI adapter on the back of my sampler and can't seem to find a feature that would access my SCSI Zip Drive.
-------------------------------------

1. Why do all my samples decay into each other. Is there a function that will cause them to interrupt each other in the same manner as the SP-12(00)? Like when 2 samples are occupying the same output channel if one is playing the other at anytime can override it.

2. Why can't I copy samples to different pads? And if so what function (soft key) is that located under?

3. Again. When i'm playing a sample of a bass (C1) on a pad and I use the 16 pad tuning function all the notes bleed into each other. How can I adjust them to cut each other off?

4. After you've layed down a sequence how do I tweak individual notes? Say I want to shift a note a few seconds later than it was in a previous measure....is this possible?

5. Lastly. How can I check the machine for available sample time?

=================Any assistance is greatly appreciated.........Thanks so much to whomever is brave enough to answer my questions.

= DRUMAT!C

==============================peace.1

By elmacaco Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:45 am
The manual is your friend.

Read it, all will be answered and more.
By drumat!c Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:11 pm
Now how many times have I heard that as a response. Imagine that I already read through the manual bout 4x. Now let's say the manual doesn't answer these questions. Can you help me then?

By elmacaco Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:24 pm
If you read the manual, you wouldn't have these questions.

These are basic functions of the 60 and few people even need the manual to poke around and find out how to do them.

If not, a web search would do the trick.

By drumat!c Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:32 am
That's not true. First of all the manual states nothing about copying a sample from one pad to another. Second of all it says "repeated strikes of a drum play simultaneously, earlier strikes are NOT cut off"......meaning that's what it does all the time. I was asking if it's possible to do note interruption like on the SP-1200.

So you're wrong.

DRUMZ.1

By elmacaco Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:17 pm
I don't want to start beef here mang, I'm really happy to have another 60 head in here.

The 60 forum doesn't get as much traffic because the machine is more intuitive than the others IMO.

I have to apologize, because I forgot that yours is an earlier OS, and I am working with 3.10.

Once you get the upgrade, all that you desire is possible.

below is the info for 3.10 OS. It may or may not apply to OS 2, probably not though.

The manual states about setting drums to Poly, Mono, or Gate (or is it hold?) mono will cut off the same pad's already playing sample and start a new one from the begining.

as far as having another pad cut off the sound of another, you can assign that in the Cut Off section.

Copying sounds from one pad to another is as simple as assigning them in the first place. I'm not sure if it will keep all the settings, but it might, and if not, there aren't that many there to match up and slow you down.

All this and more is under the Sounds button, in the program menu.

Does the SP only cut off the sound when it is assigned to the same output channel? So each output has one note of polyphony, regardless if the other outputs are sounding or not?

Hope that helps.

By drumat!c Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:29 am
ahhhh man no beef. I'm just extremely frustrated. It seems like so many people are using the MPC but not with the 2.12 os. Glad i upgraded. Thanks for all your advice. This will be helpful once i get the update installed, but i'm sure it'll be in the manual

- DRUMAT!C

By elmacaco Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:35 pm
yeah man, sorry about that, If you have any future Q's post away or PM me and I'll answer with no flak.

peace.
By IllestNoize Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:06 pm
Mono (which is a note interrupt you are looking for), poly (which makes the note play with no interrupt), and note off (which makes the note cutoff whenever you take your finger off the pad). and for shifting notes, i think you want to use the step edit function for that one. peace.....